VIP Tickets - What Do They entail?

BadfingerBarb

Raspberries
October 13, 2007

VIP Tickets include access into venue at 3-4PM for end of soundcheck and meet and greet & commemorative poster

Concert starts @ 8PM
Doors open @ 6 PM

Tickets $50.00

Buy Tickets Online
VIP tix are SOLD OUT. Due to popular demand 2nd date added on Oct 14

BadfingerBarb said:

I seriously doubt there will be a soundcheck on Sunday. All the levels will be set from the night before.

I don't think it usually works that way. Its not as simple as here are the levels from last night. Bands and their crews want to check everything is ready to go for the show - instruments, house sound, monitor sound. And after a show the night before they may want to make some adjustments during the soundcheck.

C'mon Barb ...if they say there will be a soundcheck, they will do a sound check for the sake of the Meet and Greeter's even if they don't really need one!

...I was pretty disappointed at the Meet and Greet in New York two years ago. At the end of the show you got to wait in line for a quick handshake and a picture, it was kind of like waiting in line to meet Santa Claus at the Mall....this set up sounds a lot better.

Ericphan and BadfingerBarb, I would (and did) add to that description that it was like waiting in line to meet Santa Claus at Higbee's in "A Christmas Story." At least the security at BB King's reminded me of those elves!

"Happy Raspberries...HO!...HO!...HO!" (and then they kicked you out!)

Thought I'd ad my two cents in here regarding meet and greets. I work at Blossom, for those of you who aren't familiar, its an amphitheater between Cleveland and Akron...sommer home of the Cleveland Orechstra and many concerts in the summer. All hte bands this summer had meet and greets and they were all pretty much the same. The people waited in line for about 30 minutes, then are ushered into a room, where the band is udually seated at a table. They shake hands, sign an autograph, sometimes a picture and then are ushered out back to their seats. The whole "experience" takes about 45 seconds per person.

The "Santa" method is really the only way that those who attend can be assured that they can spend at least a few moments with the band. Otherwise, three or four strong personalities dominate their time and then its all over. Several years ago, a former producer with REM and his wife invited us to an REM concert which included hanging around the Green Room before the show and then to an invitation only Meet and Greet after the show. The four of us were content to drink the free booze and down the veggie stuff at the M&G. Mike Mills spotted our host and waived the four of us over to him. We hadn't noticed (or didn't care) that a long line had formed leading to Mike. What followed was a hilarious almost riot.

Who gets in front of the stage is pretty much dictated by who gets there first and doesn't move. There is no saving spots or reservations up front at a "dance concert" (that's what they were called back in the day with the open floor in front of the stage).

SO if you plan on getting there two hours before show time and camping out front and center, make sure you have an empty bladder. :)

Just curious - And I'll confess right up front, I usually attend shows that are louder, and with rougher crowds than those who attend Rasberries shows (and I've been to 4 'Berries reunion shows).....and most of them aren't in seated venues, much like the upcoming shows at Highline.

Unless someone's planning on jumping Eric, Dave or Wally, or taking photos, what's the real advantage to being right up front next to the stage? You generally can't see everything or everyone on the stage from that position, and you usually can't hear everything as well there, as you can if you're, let's say, 6-7 rows back. Likewise, if there's any jostling, pushing, or shoving for position, you're going to be right in the middle of it up there. Me - I wanna be in a position to see and hear everything as well as I possibly can....which, in a club of this size, may be right in the middle of the crowd, dead center.

Regarding the advice to empty one's bladder ahead of time...sure, but I doubt that anyone's going to prevent you from returning to where you were if you need to briefly exit to the back and come back...I doubt there'll be any fights breaking out over this...