Sunstet Strip DVD...Wha' Happen?

Raspberry Rick

Just got the LIVE ON SUNSET STRIP CD/DVD. It looks amazing.....haven't had time to really go throught it....But, I'm a little disappointed in that mine wasn't signed. I have the lyric sheets which are fantastic. But my copy isn't signed, and is also 'button-less.' I thought the $125 special editions are supposed to be signed....or did I misunderstand?? I'm assuming many of you got signed copies. Can someone clear this up for me?? BERNIE!!! HEEEELLLPP!!!

Thanks!!

Oh....well, how are the signed ones designated?? Is that the people who ordered them last December got the signed ones, and subsequent editions were not signed? I guess that's the advantage of being the 'early bird catching the raspberry-flavored worm.'

Thanks for the explanation. I'm still THRILLED to have this great souvenir of that wonderful night!

I think that was it. The Limited Edition ones were popular... but they were advertised as being only 300 available. So, a the additional edition was configured as to not devalue the other. The Special Edition is more unique than what you could ever get at the local record shop... making it "special".

Gene and Rick, if you'll delve deeply into the forum you'll see that many of us who jumped at the early opportunity campaigned for a way that those who didn't get in on "The 300" had a chance at the meat of the offering.

It's pretty obvious that legally once you have a set that is sold as limited to 300 you can't just later add to that number, so something had to give. Since the crux of the internet selling was a chance to get the lengthy DVD, there was really nothing to cut out other than perhaps the pin and the signatures.

That's why the guys went back and introduced the set you got; there were quite a few people who wanted the set but missed the chance; and even a couple I think who ordered one of each because they didn't want to actually use the limited edition set...

I guess those of us who ordered the first 300 should be more specific about what we got, namely that it's an LE as opposed to an SE.

So what we have here is actually four tiers of release, so to speak:

Regular commercial edition (13-song audio CD)
Deluxe Edition (21-song audio CD and 5-song DVD)
Special Edition (21-song audio CD and 21-song DVD including extras)
Limited Edition (numbered, 300 copies only) - same as Special Edition, only autographed and packaged with pin and copies of handwritten song lyrics

pauliemississippi said:

And what do we call the download editions? ;)

I can think of quite a few appellations that would apply...most are not fit for polite company. Phooey on downloads! :P

Go ahead, call me a Luddite. I prefer my audio with full bandwidth, not all compressed. At least I'm not one of those "Vinyl is better" zealots.

For a nominal fee I am prepared to do fingerprint analysis of bubble wrap and offer a certificate of authenticity.

For slightly higher charges I can provide envelope swabbing and DNA testing.

For a huge amount of cash, I can also get you a spot on a daytime talk show where the entire Raspberries staff will be required to submit to DNA testing, handwriting samples, and forensic study of envelope stuffing technique. :lol:

A portion of all proceeds will go toward next year's WAB.