Midwest Weather Watch

Tim From Wisconsin

Did anyone from New England get out in time to make it to Cleveland for the show?

The day I planned to drive over (Thursday) was white-d out --- that nor'easter filled my path from Boston to Buffalo. Doing a 10-hour drive today was out of the question, leaving me with the choice of not going :( ... or spending hundreds on a flight and hotel :( . Ugh.

And the latter choice involves the risk of delayed flights going out of Boston or Manchester --- no guarantees that departures would get out on time (although Cleveland looks like its arrival delays are minimal.

I just know I'm gonna miss "Boats Against the Current"...

I had to sit for an hour at Cleveland, not from anything local, but rather, snow backup at Chicago O'Hare. Ended up missing my connection by about 15-20 minutes, and since it was Saturday, the airlines were on reduced schedule....so a three-hour wait in ORD.

The main thing is, I made it to that great concert, and the flights home were safe! That's all that matters!

Those who got out Saturday night had the right idea. Hoo whee, did it get crazy here today! If you watched the Browns and the Bills go at it this afternoon you have some small idea of how bad it was. I just holed up in my apartment and watched the Browns win on my TV. Although at times the image on the screen was so whited out it was difficult to tell a football game was being played!

It varied widely, Ted. Usually the east side gets buried but we only had a couple of inches. I think the south and west got more than we did. That's not to say it was a picnic on the east side. The worst part came during the Browns game so the whole world could see how miserable it is. At one point it took 'em a couple of minutes and a snowblower to find the 50 yard line!!! :lol: The wind was horrible all over, though.

We checked out of the hotel and were on the road at 10 AM Sunday morning. The snow was coming down steadily but Ohio wasn't bad yet. It was Indiana that was the nightmare!!! Illinois was fine. It took us 5-1/2 hrs to get to Cleveland and 8 hrs to get home (all of that extra time being in Indiana.)