Midwest Weather Watch

Tim From Wisconsin

Well, it looks pretty good in the advance forcast for my drive from Milwaukee to Cleveland on Friday - Not that we can always believe the forcast! :wacko:

As the week progresses, any Cleveland weather updates from the "locals" would be appreciated. I know a lot of people are flying in or driving in that day, and I wish safe travels for all of us! :)

Tim

Yeah, everyone be careful. While I can laugh about it today, yesterday I walked outside my house with one of my daughters and I have six concrete stairs in the front. There was freezing rain everywhere and I literally went from the top step up in the air and landed on the second from the bottom, hitting my head on the backstair, the spine of my back on the one, and smashed my elbow pretty good. My elbow is completely black and blue today! DAMN, did it hurt! I guess in retrospect it was pretty funny thinking about this six foot four 290 pound guy levitating through the air, but my daughter (who tried to catch me! LOL) was pretty stunned.

I was pretty dizzy for awhile (nothing new, right?) so BE CAREFUL! While my elbow still hurts, I feel pretty good today and have no head trauma......hey, did I hear something about the Raspberries getting back together? LOL

BE CAREFUL, my friends! Midwest travel can be rough.....

Yes, Pat, make sure you get that checked out and that you don't have a concussion or anything. BTW, I clicked on your links and I really like your songs.

I too am glad this thread was started as we are driving in from Central PA Friday morning. So far, so good as far as the forecast goes at the moment... can't wait for Friday!

EEK, PAT!!! It gets COLD where you are--always be watchful of ice! Feel better and do get it checked out. You can't be too careful. You're so lucky you didn't break any ribs!

Everyone, please be careful, have safe travels and HAVE A BALL AT THE CONCERT!!!! I'll be playing for someone--it's usually someone like Jack Jones. My heart will be with Raspberries, though.

HAVE A ROCKIN' GREAT TIME!!!

:) --Darlene

Diane had me talked into going to Cleveland, but, unfortunately, I have another committment on that very night with my kids and cannot go this time. Hopefully, 2008 will be another big year of travelling to see the band, though.

Thanks for your comments on the songs, Dave! There might be some things going on soon on that end.

One of my daughters fell and smashed the screen on her laptop with this crazy weather. We are supposed to get another ice storm today. I hope Cleveland stays clear for everyone!

I will "will" all planes to arrive and depart on time for you Diane and the rest of you board members trying to get to Cleveland tomorrow!

Meanwhile the gang who are left on the board will hopefully have a safe journey to their remote controls to watch dvd and/or video of Raspberries as a consulation prize.

We keep hearing about ice storms here but it doesn't seem that bad to us --- just typical winter in Chicago. (With the exception of Pat nearly killing himself! I hope you're feeling MUCH better today!) Brian's school had been closed yesterday but was open today so I'm hoping we'll hold up long enough to at least get out of town.

Just checked NOAA weather and they're predicting possibly 2-4" of snow on Thursday with a "wintery mix". Then on Thursday evening and Friday, only snow showers with little or no accumulation. Temps in the 30's on Thursday and Friday and dropping into the 20's on Saturday. All in all, not too bad for Cleveland in the middle of December. Let's just hope the Thursday weather moves through quickly!

Not too bad for Cleveland at all, Leff'tHome. It will probably soon move on over to the East coast to us--we're expecting snow Saturday into Sunday and I'm supposed to play a rehearsal and concert on Sunday. (I'd rather be with Raspberries, though).

:( --Darlene

PS VERY SAFE TRAVELLING to everyone and ENJOY your night with the boys in their hometown to the hilt!!!!

:) --Love, D

At least by then the concert will be over...

The weather word for today was Slush. if I'd had a huge vat of raspberry syrup to pour over the landscape this morning (red raspberry, not the blue stuff, thanks), I could have made a ton of money selling Sno-Cones. It was raining too--not hard, but raining.

Tonight the rain has stopped and it is clear. But it's still wet out. Let's check the Local on the 8s on the Weather Channel, shall we?...

...Let's see, currently 36 degrees under cloudy skies. Doppler clear...Air quality good. Tomorrow's forecast: snow showers early in the day, a few flurries later in the day, high 32 (chance of snow 30%). Night: high 28 or so, cloudy, no forecast for snow that I can see till Saturday. Also low wind until Saturday night or so.

This is good! Weekend might not be so great, but it's not looking horrible either.