New

chris hess

when there is a new studio release from the raspberries..wait,u ask why a new release?..cause i think they have it in them,and why not if not for a final album,i'm sure it's on their minds..what would u all name it?..i thought it could be a great topic here..and who knows,they might use it!! my thoughts were.."the raspberries:get it?"..or if they would'nt get sued.."got raspberries?"..the term get it is used all the time in alot of the interviews..well..u get it from there!!!! lots of love..chris

Wow! Talk about a flashback! In the 70's Tiger Beat magazine had a contest to name the Raspberries album that was coming out. (Sorry, don't remember which album it ended up being.) Five winners would each receive a copy of Beatles 1962-1966 and Beatles 1967-1970. I already owned 62-66 but at 13 or 14 I probably wouldn't have bought '67-'70 (I liked their earlier stuff better), so it was really cool to win it. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I thought it would have made more sense to win a copy of the Raspberries album.

TheScentLady said:

Wow! Talk about a flashback! In the 70's Tiger Beat magazine had a contest to name the Raspberries album that was coming out. (Sorry, don't remember which album it ended up being.) Five winners would each receive a copy of Beatles 1962-1966 and Beatles 1967-1970. I already owned 62-66 but at 13 or 14 I probably wouldn't have bought '67-'70 (I liked their earlier stuff better), so it was really cool to win it. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I thought it would have made more sense to win a copy of the Raspberries album.

Oh, so you're the Sue from Bronx, NY who chose "Raspberries: Naturally Sweetened"!!! I think that was for Fresh. Do you still have a copy of the winners announcement? Cuz... If you don't, I know someone who can send it to you. :cool: