Sunset Strip: I Can Remember

Angloberry

Amongst the highlights on the new CD/DVD, ( and there are many) I just had to say that I think the stand out is "I Can Remember". It shimmers like a polished diamond in the middle of the set. The playing and timing are absolutely spot on, Eric's vocal is faultless, the part where the piano becomes the 12 sting Ric is faultless. You can hear what the bass is doing.

I always loved the track but until now, it was never in my Raspberries top 5. Now they have done something I never thought was possible, they have improved on the original. I really think now that THIS is the definitive version of the song.

Gary :lol:

Gary, I would have to agree that this is the definitive version of "I Can Remember". Eric looks especially pleased during the camera fade out at the end of the song. It was one of the questions I asked Eric about in another topic that is sinking to the bottom :( This song went up a few notches for me, also! Kirk.

Hoo-boy! If you are looking for an objective critique of I Can Remember, you've got the wrong guy. This has been, not only my favorite Raspberries work since the first time I heard it, but my favorite all-time song, peroid. It hits a very responsive chord in me, so to speak. I went through the roof when Eric played those first few chords. How many times do a guy our gal get to hear their favorite piece, done by the original writers and performers. And, to have it done in such smashing fashion, well, it just doesn't get any better than that. If I am allowed to have one snivel, I was really looking forward to hearing Jim go nuts on the drums like the album version, but the omission of that was pretty minor considering the end result.

It is hard not to use an excessive amount of superlatives when describing the LOSS show. The Smalley Collection have now become favorites, Wally's guitarwork kicked serious ass, and everytime Jim hit something with a stick, the result was magic. But the highlight for me was hearing that wonderfully complex cut complete with Eric hitting all the high notes. It just dosen't get any better than that. Thanks, guys, you rock!. :)

This was definitely a highlight of the first NYC show as well. I love the rapid, staccato descending chords near the end...classical influences coming through loud and clear. Since I wasn't sure they could pull it off "live" because of the arrangement, it was a very pleasant surprise when they nailed it.

In a different way, "I Don't Know What I Want" was also a highlight for me. It was clear that all of the band were giving it everything. They certainly didn't "phone in" their performance.

ICR is a real diamond. I've loved it since I first heard it on vinyl and now it sparkles even more brilliantly than ever, within the "setting" of Raspberries LSS.

From the very first time I heard it, being a classical musician, I regarded it as *the* musical "oeuvre" of Raspberries. It's extremely complex, and what with its melodic, tempo and mood changes, I've regarded it as an opus unto itself and have always adored it. Its structure is sheer genius and the music is world class. I've always wanted to hear it performed with a symphony orchestra because that's what it is: positively *orchestral.*

On top of it all, Eric's gorgeous vocal timbre is the only one that could possibly do justice to the piece. It's absolute perfection. And one day, we WILL hear it with a symphony orchestra.

I can't wait!

smile --Darlene

I'm with you too Darlene and Anne. I so want to hear this song with an orchestra. I also want to hear Run Away really bad. You've heard me say before how brilliant this song is and I would love to see this song get it's due. I can remember was done beautifully as was all the songs on the album. This album Rocks for me and tells me that these guys only got better. I love these guys, thanks for the music! I am really enjoying my CD's.

Love June :wub:

• Raspbernie changed the title to Sunset Strip: I Can Remember