Singer Or Songwriter?

Lew Bundles

EC...When you are introduced to people for the first time and they dont know who you are or anything about your career, do you tell them that you are a "singer" or "songwriter"?...Then, inevitably, when they ask you what have you sung or written, I'm sure "All By Myself" is first out of your mouth...What do you follow that one up with?...

I have a question for Eric..

When you have parties at your home and you and your Mrs. are entertaining..does anyone say 'Hey Eric... put the Raspberries on'?

Anyway, that's what me and 16 people will be doing all weekend starting tonight!! I have to pick up a bunch of friends at JFK this evening..can anyone guess what's in my CD player? Hahaha!

The LAST thing I would ever want to listen to at a party is ME! I recently accompanied my 7 year old daughter to her second grade class party, DJ'd by "Jumpin' Joel" who played all the latest hits by Hannah Montana and The High School Musical stuff all those nutty second graders love. Toward the end of the party, one of my daughter's classmates went up and told "Jumpin Joel" that I was there and requested one of my songs. When "All By Myself" came over the sounds system, I wanted to crawl in a hole.

ec

You should be proud! The kids all know "All By Myself", from Shrek. How many kids have their Daddies in a cartoon?

You are very popular at my parties, although I haven't found more copies of "I was Born to Love You" lately.

That's the favorite with my friends, they all want copies.

We have even added you to our Girls Night Out spins. ;)

Eric that's freakin' hysterical!!

Enjoy these years, they go by in a flash!

My two sons are 13 months apart and are attending college right now. I remember when they were 6 & 7 and on the soccer team..going to their games every Saturday morning.

Hey, who knows, maybe one day at her wedding she'll dance with you to a ....ahhh nevermind! :lol::lol:

Eric Carmen said:

The LAST thing I would ever want to listen to at a party is ME! I recently accompanied my 7 year old daughter to her second grade class party, DJ'd by "Jumpin' Joel" who played all the latest hits by Hannah Montana and The High School Musical stuff all those nutty second graders love. Toward the end of the party, one of my daughter's classmates went up and told "Jumpin Joel" that I was there and requested one of my songs. When "All By Myself" came over the sounds system, I wanted to crawl in a hole.

The guy could have at least played She Did It...It may be one of the biggest hits of the 20th century...but All By Myself is not a great song for kid parties.

Eric Carmen said:

Very funny! I agree that 2nd graders can be a hoot to watch! I have one myself. I think it's cool that her classmates know your music. Was your daughter excited that her classmate requested one of her dad's songs?

HT

Hi Eric: When I met your little girl at the Cleveland Concert we asked her if she had a favourite song that you did.... and hilariously enough she said....I don't know... I hear these songs all the time on my Dads' computer in his office.... out of the mouths of babes huh....and I don't mean to change the topic but I know all about your musical training, but have you ever done voice training or anything similar....Canadian Chick

I've never had any voice training, and the ones she's heard in my office were the mixes from the "live" Cd. Actually she's been googling me on YouTube lately to watch the videos. When she saw the chick in the Hungry Eyes video touch my face, she turned it off, because that wasn't her Mommy, and I think she found it disturbing. It was really very sweet. I'm glad she turned it off.

ec