Dan Fogelberg

You put a ring on her finger and she puts a ring in your nose... and an anchor in your a**?

Just kiddin' ladies... just kiddin'...

I did go to a wedding once and the ministers son, a boy of about 9, asked me why they used rings... and I told him that Mel got a ring on her finger and Benny got one in his nose... and he runs back and tells his Mom and Dad... The Mrs. Pastor kind of glared at me so to top off my prank, I found a kid's cracker-jack type ring, bent it so it wouldn't hurt and talked the boy into putting in his nose... and then showing mama...

The minister was laughing his a** off and his wife was getting hotter and hotter... and more at him for thinking I was funny...

It was too cool... :)

Eric's friend, Tommy, is at the Irving Azoff Agency. And I recorded that "quadruple platinum :lol: " hit, Rainin' In My Heart at good old Golden Voice Studios in Pekin, Phil! (It was so unmemorable, I don't even recall the vocalist's name!) Such a small world in music!

:) --Darlene

Based on Phil's ongoing recommendations-and a hell of a coupon-I just bought "The Very Best Of Dan Fogelberg" at "Borders".I'm not exaggerating-I cry each time I listen to "Leader Of The Band".Between fathers and children-"That's the way I always heard it should be" (to quote Ms. Simon totally out of context,)Thanks Phil for reminding us how great Dan is.-Ira.

Fogelberg's early albums had a bit too much strange word pronunciation when he sang.(Dan's occasional creepy style, an acquired taste)

But by the "Innocent Age" Dan was using that full fabulous voice for the cause of good!

So many great songs on 1 double album: Leader Of The Band, Run For The Roses, Same Old Lang Syne, Hard To Say, The Reach, In The Passage, Only The Heart May Know, The Lion's Share...

Get "The Innocent Age Next" CD next!

I love Dan's music. Leader of the Band always makes me cry, too. It has a special significance for me because Mr. Fogelberg was a band director in the area where I taught strings. I taught in Roanoke, Illinois, outside of Peoria, and all the music teachers in that area knew each other very well, especially since I played in the Peoria Symphony. Around that time, Phil (Sterling) was graduating from high school!

I adore The Innocent Age.

I hope Dan's health is improving.

:) --Darlene