Barry Manilow...Controversial?

ira

ira said:

I never realized that my two "Lantzmen" (Again-Jewish for "Paisan")...Barry and Eric...had such a strong following from "Catholic School Kids" across the U.S.A.(Including some Really,Really OLD ones.)

Barry....not a fan

Eric and The 'Berries...now "That's Rock N' Roll".

I'm not a huge fan of real mushy stuff. To me...it just makes you feel worse than you already do. Why torture yourself some more? That's just me. lol

...and Barry doesn't even write all his songs - at least not "I Write the Songs", which was written by Bruce Johnston and possibly about Brian Wilson ("I write the songs that make the whole world sing..")

Speaking of "I Write The Songs", I'll take David Cassidy's original version over Barry's over-the-top version any day.

ira said:

So appropriately Wendy you have a "Jersey Boy" (Bruce)...and a kid from California (Brian) singin' your praises..."Nice Goin'!

See Ira, oh great oracle of song knowledge and "Strawbridge and Clothier" discount stores, the key is...keeping them WANTING! NO!...translates well on all coasts. Well, ok in the west coast it's more: "OMGAWD you wanna do like, what? Is that like, legal? EWWWWW, um grooooooooosss...Neeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww!"

It's been the way of life since the beginning of time. Boy meets girl, boy wants girl, boy thinks lawn bowling and a meal at Arby's is gonna get girl, girl says NO, boy tries to upgrade to miniature golf and Mickey D's, girl comes to her senses and walks...boy writes a song. Ask Lew Bundles...

Ok, back to Barry...are we actually still on Barry?

ira said:

Okay Wendy...I'm gonna tell all the guys on EC.Com to pretend that they don't even notice you...Does that overcome your strategy and give us all a chance to win your heart? 

Trust me, they wouldn't notice me if they saw me right now in my big old pink robe, flannel pajamas, fluffy slippers, Kleenex in one hand, nasal Spray in the other. But please reference the photo on the link below...I clean the house looking like that... :lol::lol::lol:

As for winning my heart...you guys have! Shoot, what girl on here doesn't love the ec.com guys? :wub:

What happen to Barry? OH BARBARA, you crazy girl! I know you have him...somewhere. ;)

I just called Barry...Honest!...and he's busy re-writing a hit of his to sing at your upcoming 28th birthday party this June...

This is what he's got so far...

"Oh Wendy you came and you cleaned looking awesome,

But I sent you away,

Oh Wendy I told Bruce to find his own woman,

Happy Birthday today!...."

He asked you to e-mail him with some feedback as to whether you like it so far..

I just called Barry...Honest!...and he's busy re-writing a hit of his to sing at your upcoming 28th birthday party this June...

This is what he's got so far...

"Oh Wendy you came and you cleaned looking awesome,

But I sent you away,

Oh Wendy I told Bruce to find his own woman,

Happy Birthday today!...."

He asked you to e-mail him with some feedback as to whether you like it so far..

Ok, he needs to be writing a song for Gman so we can bring him into the LIGHT...the Fanilow LIGHT. It's all glittery and sparkly and he can even dance with my sister to Copacabana like I did when I was a teenager. I know that song will grow on him!

Right, right, I'll have my people call his people. I am way too sick to chat with him.

We have sooooooooooooooooooooo gone off of this thread, Ira!

PS: Ira, isn't it nite-nite time for you? I'm tired and it's only 11.13 here...