Cleveland Institute Of Music: Clayton's First Exam

Eric Carmen said:

If I can keep him interested until he's fifteen, he's going to blow me away as a pianist. I didn't start piano until I was eleven. Clayton turns eleven August 30th. He's got a BIG head start!

Eric, do you ever imagine yourself sometime down the road, playing a piano piece with Clayton?

I mean how could you not? I think that would be the ultimate experience. Can you see him playing I Can Remember? That would just have to totally blow you away.

• 2 years later...

You must be so proud! Congratulations, Clayton...that is one heck of an accomplishment! I'll bet it was nerve wracking having to listen outside the door. This post comes late because I am new to the board, but not new to you. You and your music has been adding joy to my life for over 35 years...thank you. You are without a doubt the most talented musician I have ever heard. I have never had the opportunity to hear you play live and I hope before I go to my grave I get that chance :D Will Clayton be recording anything soon? I'm sure he is a chip off the old block. I hope you daughter, Kathryn, is doing well.

God Bless your family and play on!