Original Carmen Last Name

sherri

It may not have been much longer, maybe just different. My mother's family name was one thing when they got to Ellis Island, and, miraculously, they retained their true name through processing. (So many families were misunderstood when they said their names that many was written down as something else!). However one branch of the family "Americanized" the name and there are two different last names on Mom's side now.

Surnames morph for a variety of reasons. I guess we'll never know...

:) --Darlene

Am I a Bored Broad?

When I am bored with planning a trip aboard I close the board of the really old travel book and go out to trim the border in the garden. I am often delayed because I must move the boards(surf), backboard, and snowboards away from the tool board in order to retrieve the clippers. The boys have so much stuff in the garage because they board on the campus of FAU. Males leave messes every where they go, I guess it's not fair to make a statement across the board, but my guys are messy. There are circuit boards, scoreboards, and board games stacked on boards in the attic.

Hmmm, bored Yet? are there mistakes ?

I'm so relaxed from my spa day I can not be rattled. There is something so right with starting the day a facial and a glass of wine at 10:00am. :lol:;)

Zuke,

True it's kept quite a few of us in high school. But there are a few of the members(including myself) that weren't in HS much less in school period - the under 5 yrs old set when the Raspberries formed.

Hey, we have a ton of fun making stuff up to keep ourselves amused until something pops in Berryland.

BTW, no offense taken and oh, Bess... I had heard of the Raspberries but really didn't "know" their music until this last holiday season! So you're in good company!

HT

Followed the Raspberries starting in the summer of '72. I liked the music even when I thought they were singing "Baby, please go-oh away" & then a dj announced the title " Go All The Way" and -- oh, now I really like it.

Now if we can just get "I'm a Rocker" on a CD+G format so I can sing that one at Karaoke too!!

"Go All The Way" brings smiles at karaoke & MMLC brings sing-alongs and people asking who sings it, upon which I eagerly reply.

My maiden name was English, but my great grandmother on my father's side came from Naples, Italy (Paladino). My mother's maiden name was Hungarian/Wendish (Gergely), but a branch of the family changed it to "Gergar" when they settled in Bethlehem, PA.

I'm a mixture of Hungarian/Wendish and Italian, so I *had* to be a violinist! It's in the blood!

There's also some Welsh and Scottish mixed in.

:) --Darlene