She Remembered

Bessieboo

"She Remembered" was a little bit of reality mixed up with a little bit of fantasy. I had the melody and the basic idea, but when I started to write the lyric it took on a life of it's own. I've actually been to all three of my High School reunions and number four is coming up this summer. I find it absolutely bizarre that in a few months I will be attending my 40 year reunion! It just so happens that the Charles F. Brush High School Class of 1967 was a stellar class. I have a number of friends who graduated a year before me and they've been to a couple of their reunions and not many people show up. Brush '67 reunions EVERYONE SHOWS UP (well, almost everyone, anyway). I find it interesting that the one group from my class that seems to be "under represented" is the guys that were the most popular "jocks" in school. I figure maybe they "peaked" at eighteen and it's been a long, slow, downhill slide since then. Either that, or they couldn't care less. I can honestly tell you I have never been more nervous than I was walking into my ten year reunion. I think I was talking to myself from the parking lot to the door. "It's OK, you're cool, now." ec

Bessie, thank you for asking this question and Eric, thank you for elaborating on it.

We all have our insecurites but it just seems you have always been cool!

I absolutly love this song, your voice sounds truly incredible on it, not like any other song for me. It give me goosebumps and makes me want to cry at the same time. A beautiful treasure....

I think we all wish our high school love would remember just like this! Thanks again.

I agree about being nervous about the tenth reunion, I had been with the group that did the planning and there were some problems.

We couldn't find our class President, I asked my husband to run her name to find a current address. I was thinking she could have parking tickets or something. We sent the invitation to the last address

Well, she had a long list of solicitation convictions!

But the strangest part was she showed up with her "special girlfriend" they danced and kissed all night.

I'm sure the guys all enjoyed the show.

Even my husband stopped complaining about boredom. >Nasty<

For my twentieth, I did the same work in helping plan the weekend. Then, my in-laws changed the date of their 50 Wedding anniversary party.

There was really no choice.

I am looking forward to the thirtieth.

heartpump

I've only been to one of my reunions, and at that one I was introduced by a gal to her hubby as "that guy I told you I had that crush on"... and was told by another "hot blonde" that she had always had "the hots" for me...

My response? Why on Earth didn't you say something back then? :o

Of course the reunion I hit (20th) reminded us not only of our youth but of how it was fleeting as one of our girls "blew her hip out" during a line dance... :(

It was determined that paramedics would be on hand anytime we got together afterward!

:lol:

When I was at my high school reunion (Sanford-Meridian Class Of 1985), I slow danced with three different women! One of them was married (who lives somewhere in Ohio), the other had a boyfriend who lives in Tampa, Florida (who looks like country singer Mindy McCreadry) but did NOT show up :o & another who never been married but lives in Colorado with her family. When I danced with the married girl (who looks like actress Jessica Alba), her husband said "May I have this dance?" :angry::angry: He argubaly went away when the song was over but I did not got upset with him whatsoever. The song "She Remembered" is a great song! :wub: Matt

I love class reunions! I've been to my 10,20,30 year reunions. At the 10, I discovered that my junior high girlfriend was gay...no wonder I couldn't get past 2nd base! At the 20, I noticed that the girls were getting prettier, and the guys were balding and fatter. For the 30, even though I'm 50 miles from where I went to school, I discovered that the reunion organizer lives about a 1/2 mile away, so I got pretty involved with the planning of that one, and it was the most fun, yet. Seems like I'm always running into one of my old classmates- there were over 900 of us in that graduating class. Looking forward to the 40 (4 years from now). Kirk.

My sister graduated with Eric from Brush and is planning on coming in from Arizona this summer for the reunion.....I have been to 2 of mine and I have to agree that I was quite surprised at the 10th to find most of the guys were bald and all the girl "clicks" were still the same.The 20th everyone seemed to be much friendlier

Well, My 20yr is coming up next year. The 5 & 10 yr weren't that great. Everyone doesn't really change all that much in 10 yrs. The cliques were still the same. I didn't really have that much in common with any of the 72 people I graduated with. Should be interesting next year....hmmm...

Eric,

As for coolness.... you've got it - no worries there! :lol:

HT

In high school I was this nerdy girl who wore glasses and played the violin very well. That didn't do wonders for my datebook, except with some of the cool kids in symphony orchestra. I had always dreamed about going back to my 10th reunion with my really cool boyfriend (the one who was so jealous of Raspberries I dumped him!) but we broke up just before the reunion. So I wasn't going to go, but I decided to be brave.

After breaking up with my boyfriend, I traded in my glasses for contacts and went blonde, but I still felt strange going solo. On the way in, my spirits were buoyed because four women walking in with me who were really popular in high school announced that they were all there by themselves because they were all divorced.

Nobody recognized me, the guys took an unofficial vote and named me "homecoming queen" and I left the event for a round of parties with not one, but TWO guys I'd had crushes on in high school. I got home about 7 the next morning after about four parties and said I was never getting married, because life was too much fun.

(I had to eat those words at the 20th reunion because I had just gotten married.)

:) --Darlene

I played with a pretty 'cool' clarinet player in the mid '60s. He was first chair clarinet, and I was first chair oboe (not too hard with only 3 oboe players). Steven Kanoff went on to become a virtuoso on the clarinet. Man, could he make that clarinet sing! Hey Dar, ever play with this guy? Kirk.

We go about School Reunions slightly differently here in New Zealand. We don't have "Class Reunions" for our year group. What we have are Reunions for the whole school.The 1st one is usually the 25th Anniversary of the school opening, some have a 40th then everyone has a 50th,some have a 60th then there is the 75th. After that it usually goes in 5 year intervals.

Muzza's primary school had their 125th Anniversary a few years ago. All our schools have reunions, not just our High Schools.

My High School had their 50th Anniversary a couple of years ago. I had a great time catching up with school mates and teachers that I hadn't seen in over 30 years. For some unknown reason just about everyone ..teachers included remembered me...I can't think why, I was always so shy and retiring at school...a bit like I am now really!!!! :lol: