Crowd Response

Actually I do have better things to do, and am doing them - in between logging onto EC.COM. Today is the official start of the world famous "Greatest Outdoor Show in the World - the Calgary Stampede. We went to the 'sneek peek' last night, the parade this morning, and now Evan, Cara and I are sitting back over a glass of lemonade, enjoying the sunshine, resting up before we hit the fairgrounds tomorrow.

Marv

As long as they don't hit back, we'll be fine.

For the next 10 days, Calgary's 'western' roots comes to the forefront, and basically EVERYONE sheds the suit and tie at work, and dons the cowboy boots, hat and jeans...uh except me that is.

Lots of big name musical acts are in town to celebrate, as well. For comparison-sake, the Stampede is probably equivalent to New Orleans' Mardi Gras, and Montreal's International Jazz Festival.

Marv

I only went to one KISS concert in my life. I posted about it in a thread a long time ago. I went with Larry Bogush who worked with me at my summer job just before I discovered the Berries. He was a huge KISS fan. (I found out when I joined EC.com that he was also one of Bernie's best friends, that he played in Bernie's band and that Bernie was the "Hoge" guy who played in a band with Larry.)

The Capitol Theatre in Passaic (NJ) was a total zoo that night. Savoy Brown was opening for KISS and they got booed off the stage. All the crowd wanted was KISS. I thought we were going to get crushed to death and to top it all off, somebody started shooting a gun and Larry pulled me down on the floor underneath the seats. My question was, "What kind of fans ARE these?!" He answered "It usually doesn't get this bad." That was a bit too wild for me, even in those days. Happily, I did get to see Larry again, at the Atlantic City Razz Reunion Tour Concert and it was so cool!

I never had that kind of experience at a Razz concert or one of Eric's. Come to think of it, not at Led Zep's either.

:) --Darlene