Japanese Reissues?

snazz123

Hello all. I'm very interested in finding the best source and best price on the forthcoming Eric and Raspberries Japanese reissues in the form of an online CD source. At $25 a pop it'll be about $200 for all 8 releases not counting shipping. And I've seen one site charging $30 for some of these special CDs and $35 for other titles.

Any tips would be appreciated!

It appears these limited editions are, indeed, remastered for 2007 reissue.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

SNazz123

For what it's worth, the prices are considerably cheaper on Amazon Japan than its American counterpart.

Eric's 4 reissued CDs are listed @ $29.99 but 2,310 yen apiece on the Japanese site. This is equivalent to $19.43, using today's exchange rate.

Likewise, Starting Over/Fresh are listed in the US site at $34.49 apiece, and Raspberries/Side 3 at $39.49 apiece. The Japanese equivalents are 2,600 yen ($21.86) and 3,000 yen ($25.23).

While you would get gouged on shipping for 1-2 CDs, I suspect if you ordered all 8 (a differece of $96.02 - $267.92 in US versus $171.90), the difference in shipping would only be about $20, maximum. That's about a $75 saving.....my guess is you won't find them cheaper, unless you're aware of other Japanese on-line sites.

JohnO,

Thanks a million. I was looking for a good site for Japanese pressings but Google did not help. I just ordered all 8 releases.

With the AirMail shipping method, a 300 yen "new customer credit"...about $2.52...the total with shipping was $183.08.

I knew I had a Yen for these releases but didn't know that it would be literal!

I very much appreciate your help!

SNazz123

SNazz123 - I've been ordering new CD releases for years from cdjapan.co.jp, usually those of Japanese bands whose CDs come out here months later, and I've never had any problems with them. They also ship out orders very quickly. You should have your disks within a week.

I'm anticipating great things GP. I've only got the regular Eric CDs to compare. Should be awesome.

Good to know JohnO that your experiences with cdjapan.co.jp have been positive. I felt a lot more confident knowing a member here suggested them favorably!

I'll let you know when they arrive...and then get listening!

Be well,

SNazz123

JohnO...thanks for the great info.

I just ordered the 4 Eric Carmen CD's.

I agree with Snazz123...I felt much more comfortable ordering from the Japan site knowing you've had no problems with them.

Thanks again for everything,

Duane

JohnO said:

SNazz123 - I've been ordering new CD releases for years from cdjapan.co.jp, usually those of Japanese bands whose CDs come out here months later, and I've never had any problems with them. They also ship out orders very quickly. You should have your disks within a week.

That's good to hear!! :) I was wondering if anyone has ordered from them at all in the past!

Thanks so much!