Any Regrets Eric?

ImARocker

Hi Eric. After you get settled from all the excitement from the last show, there is something I always wanted to ask. We all think about our regrets in life, and I think as we get older we look back more and reflect on them. Not dwell on them, but look back and think of what we might do differently.

I think we also wonder what regrets those whom we admire and respect have. I particularly ask this because I hope I may be able to teach my children not to make the same mistakes I did. We are both roughly the same age, started families about the same time, and have children about the same age.

Was wondering if you might share any of your thoughts with us. Any regrets about decisions in the music business over the years? Thank you and Thanks for all the good times. Play on.

I don't think you can live your life looking backward. I always try to look forward, because you can't do anything about the past. You can only control your "now". When the Indian's ace C.C. Sabathia takes the mound tonight, he has no control over what he did last week in Boston or what happens in the future. He can only control the next batter. Does he wish he'd pitched a better Game One. Yes. But there's nothing he can do about it. It's all about the batter he's facing right now. Are there decisions that I'd like to take back. Sure. Hindsight is always 20/20. But I'm looking at tomorrow, not yesterday. It's all about "the power of now." ec

Looking back is nice sometimes but it is the here and now and what lies ahead in our futures that is the interesting part of life - whether it be good or bad. However, I would like to look into Bill Bixby's crystal ball again and see "Raspberries" in my future lol.

Those who dwell on the past miss the opportunities in the 'now'...and that just adds more fuel to the 'past regrets'. While the present is important, it's also helpful to set goals for where you want to be in the future --look ahead a few miles down the road, not just at the upcoming intersection.

Thank you Eric!!

I was cheered by your words.

I will also try to look forward, not yesterday. So,my life will be good!

By the way, I'm looking forward to watching the game of Redsox and Indian's.

Because Matsuzaka will pitch for the next game,maybe.

We Japanese are very looking forward to watching his activity very much.

Which team do you think will win ?

I get excited when thinking about that.

Keiko

I get a chuckle out of contrasting the "Power of Now" with Alice In Wonderland --especially in this Raspberries context...

remember the line that went something like --

the game is, jam tomorrow and jam yesterday but never jam today

Someone believed in living backwards!