Song Ideas?

chris hess

i'm asking again..and will keep asking..have the raspberries shown/played each other original ideas/songs to one another?..we as fans are not reporters or not trying to break possible pending contracts...blah,blah,blah...WE just wanna know if it's been brought up amongst u guys or not!! it would be nice just to at least know this FOR NOW!!!!!lol,chris

it should'nt be touchy at all...just curious..and all true fans just wanna hear something from eric himself..we know wally is'nt gonna answer..he hates the internet from what we gather on the berries site..that's fine ..we all know everyone is different..that's what makes everyone(especially musicians) special!!!..in other words..just a good hint is all we really need..lol..chris

Bernie, with all due respect for the intent of the Eric Carmen message board (and rules established), alluding to a neutron bomb and all of this other junky stuff would appear to be some "inside" humor I don't quite get. Mr. Hess, originally, appeared to be asking and/or stating something fairly simple. Could you please go back to the rule book (without instant replay) and see how this type of stuff can be avoided in the future?

Skip,

I don't see this as a "touchy" subject at all. New material? Who wouldn't like to hear some? This section of the Message Board is a place where you can ask Eric your questions. And Eric has complete freedom to answer the questions he feels like answering. Don't draw conclusions that something is a "touchy subject" or "off limits" if Eric doesn't jump in with a response.

Bernie

Chris, The answer to your question is no. We haven't played each other new material or anything else. As you know, we had the L.A. HOB show recorded (as well as some of the earlier shows in Cleveland). There was a lot of feedback from the monitors during the L.A. show so we've been busy recording alternate vocal takes so when we get to the mixing proces we can remove as much of it as possible. At the same time, we have been examining our options for releasing it when it is done. Everyone is busy doing what they were doing before the reunion. Our priority right now is to finish the live album and get it released. As soon as we have any information we will share it with you. There's nothing "touchy" about this subject. We just haven't gotten to "new material" yet. e

Chris,

With all due respect, I was about to say (before I saw that Eric so graciously answered)... give the man a break.

Heck, how many artists of this calibre are giving such honest, thoughtful answers to fans' questions on an Internet bulletin board? Geez, Eric's written something like 6 dozen posts in less than a month! Having interviewed him a few times in the past, I can just hear him talking as I read his words. This is great stuff --- wonderful insight. And I get a real kick out of the fact that he's taking the time to do this.

So be patient if he doesn't jump onto your question a millisecond after you post it. He's probably got a few other things going on in his life, don't you think?

--LC

believe me,if u knew me,you'ld know i'm a very patient,kind person..i'm sorry if i made the wrong impression on some here..that was the last thing i would ever want to do on this fantastic site..i really simply wanted to know if there has been an exchange of ideas of new material..thank u eric for being kind and gracious to my question..i,along w/everybody else here are just rabid fans and VERY curious when it comes to a subject like i touched upon..enuff said,lol,chris

My mistake. 5 years of asking and begging for info on new music or recordings from Eric and/or the Raspberries, and never a relayed or direct response till now...Along with reading "Marathon Man" about unresolved issues...I thought Eric didn't want to be asked if/when there would be any new music...i/e touchy subject. Sorry.

It was a great question, Chris. Because you got an answer.

Right now, including their best recent compositions as a group recording is their best shot at success. But the iron is getting cold.

That is, unless Eric wants to agressively "shop" his awesome catalogue to other hot artists, and give some of those "should-a-been hits" he wrote awhile ago another shot at stardom...

Everyone is in such awe of the precious reunion of Raspberries that we can still hardly believe it, some haven't even seen the reunited band live yet and all are afraid it will "slip away" before everyone gets to. Relax--it WON'T!!!

The iron isn't getting cold, Tony! I have such strong feelings about that, that I can just about promise you! I've always known Raspberries was meant to be...and it *will* be--it's as simple as that. Somethings going on. There's a Hindi saying, "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai," which means, "Little by little, something is happening."

"Baby steps," like Eric and Jim said, "baby steps."

Some of us are probably making some pretty big decisions in our lives right now (me included, making plans for retirement from public school teaching to go back to school for a performance masters and play full time), but we wouldn't start telling people details when we don't half know them ourselves. Yet we expect the band to disclose all kinds of things that they're still probably discussing, deciding and might not have even shared with *each other* yet! Some things are best not even discussed until they're negotiated.

I'm sure there's so much going on, including new music (a hint of which was the gorgeous slow version of IWBWY!) but I don't want to know until they're ready. I want to be surprised. I just know there will be some big surprises. Have faith! Everybody go chew on a mustard seed. ;)

:) --Darlene

darlene said:

Yet we expect the band to disclose all kinds of things that they're still probably discussing, deciding and might not have even shared with *each other* yet! Some things are best not even discussed until they're negotiated.

No No No! Whenever Eric has a phone conversation or e-mail with one of the 'Berries or anyone in the music business, I think we should have Bernie post a recording of the conversation and/or a copy of the email. Think of the traffic this website would get!

I think that's fair to ask...Don't you? :huh:

TC--how about if Bernie sets up 24-hour Web cams in all four of the Raspberries' homes? Then we can monitor their every activity---and be the first to know what's happenin'. Of course, we might need Web cams in their cars, too.

:)

(Just kidding, in case anyone thinks I was serious!)

--LC

Tony Cartmill said:

No No No! Whenever Eric has a phone conversation or e-mail with one of the 'Berries or anyone in the music business, I think we should have Bernie post a recording of the conversation and/or a copy of the email. Think of the traffic this website would get!

TC,

No need to go thru all the bother. Just call your buddy GW he's got us all under observation 24/7 ask him to give you a heads up as to what's up with the 'berries. I'm sure he'll know before Bernie or even some of the 'berries for that matter.