Eric's Future: One Man's Opinion

marvin

Count me in on the trip to Cleveland. My sis, Mare already told me to schedule a substitute teacher for early October. Hoping the gas prices come down a little bit for our long drive to Ohio. I just finished listening to the Radio Show that Bernie posted. It once again brought back so many wonderful memories. It was great hearing the guys discuss the music and their views on several topics. I can listen to it over and over.

Looking fwd to hearing more about October. THANKS ERIC!!!

Robin

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric, thanks for the "heads up!" *VERY* exciting!!!

November and July were *my* favorite months in Cleveland before this, but October may become my most favorite of all! October 6th has a lovely ring to it... Sounds like a great week to take off from school early.

Soft, puffy white clouds, beautiful moonlit, starlit Cleveland night...sounds like another dream come true! I'll be there!

You know me--don't even tell me what it is yet. You guys speculate--I'll just dream, smile and say, "*Told* you the dream is just beginning..." See, Cartmill, you don't even *need* that mustard seed necklace!" ;)

Marv, a new chapter that Fitzgerald never wrote--"Autumn Dreams"!

:):):)

:) --Darlene

This is fascinating. It's slightly surreal to be visiting a bulletin board dedicated to a musician and having that very musician leak information like the October 6 "Event". I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

And I'm willing to play along...

I wonder if it is safe to assume that this is an evening "Event"? Hypothetically speaking, for those of us who live outside Cleveland but occasionally make road trips, that sort of information would probably be very helpful. October is very beautiful where I live too, but not just in the daytime. Crisp, clear autumn nights are invigorating.

I'm there, how about a VH1 Behind the Music filming, highlighted with a Reunion concert, backstage/front row passes for us, dvd release, in hometown Cleveland?

Paid a bunch over the last couple of years for Mccartney, Stones, and Aerosmith but when you factor in the Seattle travel costs, you're up there man ... and damn well worth it.

I think I hear the orchestra opening with the "Desperate Fools" Overture...the curtain swings open, and there is a brief interlude into--------. Is that TOO MUCH guessing- better tune up your violin, just in case, Darlene. Kirk.

My speculation is still something SOLO...don't you find it kind of odd that it's been two days and there has been no mention of the "event" over at Raspberries.net? Just an observation... After three Raspberries shows (and 2 Queen shows)in a 12 month period, the only thing in the world that could TOP it in my book would be a SOLO show by our very own MR EC!!!

Please, please let it be a SOLO gig, my fingers are crossed :)

Hi Harry, Hi Ted, Hi Darlene, Hi Tony, Hi....Everybody!

You guys really think "solo" could happen? I am just as stoked as everyone else for "solo" but wouldn't it be more likely a Berries gig with a Berries DVD/CD release?

Maybe the Berries website has more self-control..we all know Eric "lost control" a while back! :lol::lol:

Ok...ok... Eric, PLEASE keep up the flow of info...from the number of posts in this thread alone, you can tell we will ALL be there.

Eric, your last post rules out my guess. I was thinking: special CD release party, announcement that Raspberries had been signed by a record label, unveiling of a tour schedule, and a performance that would be broadcast live on VH1.

Maybe we're looking at an EC solo CD release party, announcement that you have been signed by a label, unveiling of a tour schedule, and a performance that will be broadcast live on VH1? Hmmm, enough guessing by me. I'll just take the clues as they come....

PS: I find it so interesting that some are hoping for a solo "event," and others were hoping for a Raspberries event. To me, either would be a welcome development....

I love the idea of Raspberries continuing on in some way, even if it's a couple of shows in Cleveland every year, or occasional jaunts to House of Blues-type venues --- all while Eric's solo career is happening at the same time. Such an arrangement DOES happen, you know. It's rare, but it does happen. (Don Henley has been doing solo releases, albeit sporadically, even while the Eagles keep having farewell tours, for example.)

Anyway, I like the idea of Raspberries building off last year's surprises. But I'd also like to see Eric get something new on the shelves. October 6.... It's only 23 weeks away.

Eric Carmen said:

All the leaves turning beautiful shades of red and gold. Deep blue skies with big puffy white clouds and sunlight streaming through them. Yes, Cleveland, Ohio is a lovely place in October. ec ;)

Eric your news has inspired me! (apologies to The Mamas and the Papas)

All the leaves are gold
and the sky's not grey
I'll go west to rock
on an autumn day

I'd be psyched and happy
if I was in C-town
Ohio, Cleveland Dreamin'
on such an autumn day

Stopped into a club
I passed along the way
well, I got up on my seat
I sang along and swayed

You know the singer likes his piano
he knows we'll come a long way
Ohio, Cleveland Dreamin'
on such an autumn day

I'm so glad he told us
October 6th is the day
Ohio, Cleveland Dreamin'
on such an autumn day

Dave

Ever since 1975 I've been praying for something besides Raspberries getting back together--something completely different (as Monty Python used to say, "And now for something completely different:")--and I've hinted at it when I've posted about my symphony performances. I've also *hoped* that Eric was doing something all along in connection with that.

I still believe in lemonade, and I'm hoping ever so much that *this* may be what October 6th is all about. :)

If I have an inkling about what it could possibly be, I will be absolutely *T H R I L L E D* to be in the audience, but I might be *dreaming* at the same time about playing the violin as well... :)

As a teacher, I've never wished for Summer to be over, but...I'll be waiting *very* excitedly for October!

Eric Carmen said:

Finally, I would like to suggest that you might want to hold October 6th open on your calendars. I can't say why just yet, you'll have to trust me on this one. Eric

Something musical, AND Sukkot, all in one weekend !! :lol::lol::lol:

Two extremely joyous occasions!!!! Simchat Torah was always my happiest gig to play at. My Jewish strings students always loved to see me play at their temple and I would teach all of my students some of the songs. A completely joyous weekend is shaping up!

It was the offer of the Grey Goose that brought this additional info - right, Eric? Tell me I'm right...you can also tell me (US) WHERE you'd like me to bring this eau du vie on October 6th and in what form you'd like it delivered (martini, V&T...)...it's really NO trouble whatsoever.....

It seems to me that much of the music you have written in the past is still relevant...In fact "ALL BY MYSELF" has proven that there is still room in pop music for a powerful song, a grandly produced tour de force that is rooted more in the melodicism of the past...than the riff and beat style of the present...So if Eric Carmen...Or any other singer-songwriter has such a composition in his heart to write...Or already in the trunk waiting to be recorded...I believe this is the time to give it a go...The world is still waiting for music that moves with melodic beauty...The world embraced "ALL BY MYSELF" in the mid 70's...And the world has embraced it all over again...It's the music that matters in the long run...Long after the riffs and beats that are the height of style today have faded into death by overkill...It is the melodic masterpieces that will rise again and again...