Baby I Need Your Lovin'

marvin

I might be in the minority here, but I've always loved Eric's version of "Baby I Need Your Lovin'." I clearly recall a review in Circus Magazine which called the version "too polished / too L.A." At the same time, I've also been baffled by this choice of covers, just like I was with "On Broadway" on the 1st album, as it just didn't seem like something that he would do.

So Eric can you tell me how you came about choosing "Baby"? And while you're at it, what about "On Broaway"?

Thanks.

If only I could have found some good musicians to play on that session. The only ones I could find (if I remember correctly) were Jeff Porcaro on drums, his brother Mike on bass, David Paitch on piano, Jai Winding on electric piano, Danny Kortchmar and Richie Zito on guitar, Joe Porcaro ( Jeff's dad ) and Paulinho de Costa on percussion and the backing vocals of Brian and Brenda Russell, Donny Girard, Samamntha Sang, and Valerie Carter. Engineered by Greg Ladanyi.

Yeah, those guys really sucked. Not! ec

I love both albums but I have to say I really love "Baby I Need Your Lovin'" and "On Broadway."

And Eric's live performances of both were really something to see and hear. I have photographs of him doing both and every time I look at them it brings me back to his terrific rendiitons of both songs.

:) --Darlene

• Raspbernie changed the title to Baby I Need Your Lovin'