Ohio Weather

chris hess

Maryanne said:

Chris, do you live in Canton.? I had to drive to ALLIANCE and you would swear they hadn't touched the roads. The snow wasn't even dirty. I live in Lisbon and had to go to Carrollton and Minerva this morning also. Couldn't wait to get home. How many more days until spring??? Mare

Hey -- Alliance, Ohio! I lived there for about a year as a little tyke (probably age 2 or 3), so I barely remember it (other than our neighbors, the Marinis, who owned a farm). Someday, I'll get back to look at it --- maybe for the next Raspberries concert.

I also lived in Oswego, NY, for around five years (between the ages of 6-11). Now that place I remember. We had a lot of snow every winter --- I remember snow drifting so high that it went almost to the tops of telelphone poles. Now they've got 100-plus inches everywhere --- not just in drifts. Wow! The more things seem to change, the more they stay the same....

Cleveland made the local New Jersey news yesterday. Schools were closed. government buildings shut down early and people were digging out of 10 to 15 inches or more of snow! Definitely a Winter Wonderland for anyone who loves snow.

We got ice and sleety rain with some snow and schools were closed today. The storm is supposed to gather more moisture, mix with another storm and do a lake-effect thing, dumping more snow tonight. I don't think we can rival Cleveland, though. I hope Clevelanders are inside, comfy and cozy by the fire.

:) --Darlene

maryanne,yeah i do live in canton..and my wife drives to alliance for her job about 3 days a week..she was a trooper..better than me!! i love lookin at snow,but driving in it??..that's what i hate ..now we're supposed to go back to the frigid crap again!!eeerrrrrr...so when is the release of the live berries? we sure could use it now!!lol,chris

Down here in Cincinnati first a little snow 4" then a little ice 3". Now the bad part; power went out yesterday at 5:30pm, kept the gas fireplace going, slept on the floor and the temperature continued to drop by morning the temperature was somewhere around 40. Finally got power back at 4:30 this afternoon. Thermostat in the house read 38 degrees when the heat kicked on. Temperature now 70 degrees in the house. I want to move back to the south.

I am glad LJ remembers his days in Oswego, so that I or The Bob & Tom (Allen) Show don't come off as wintertime braggarts.

Y'all don't know a thing about paralyzing snow until you've lived in/travelled through the Syracuse - Oswego - Watertown corridor, and the wrath that 'Lake Effect Snow' incurs off Lake Ontario.

Folks...tonight, in the corridor from my house north, there's 6 to 14 FEET! And there's ANOTHER 2-4 feet expected in the next 48 hours!!!! :wacko:

Hey Paul

Even with the troubles I had this week in Cincinnati with snow, ice and cold I got to experience your snow heaven just the week before. A week ago Tuesday I drove from Buffalo to Pulaski, NY which allowed me to drive that corridor up US 81. It was an interesting trip to say the least. I had a buddy from Southern Germany with me and he had never seen so much snow. So he took pictures because he thought when he got home no one would believe him.

I am a believer because I was there and I am not coming back until it melts. See you July!!!!