Barbie Dolls On Stage??

raspberrywolf

Hi Eric, this is Valorie's sister from Canada. I was just extremely curious what those barbie dolls on stage that I see you and Dave goofing around with were all about. I see them in some of the photos sitting by Jim's drums. Gonna clue us in or is this a 'private joke' ;)

Also I just wanted to say that I was the one who gave your lil girl the Canada Flag jersey..I did not even realize we were sitting behind your children but man o' man were they ever so much fun cute lil ones and so were their two lil friends...soooo funny!!

The Barbie and Ken dolls have been at every rehearsal and every concert including the first reunion show. If you want all the answers you will need to purchase the "Tonight" book from the Raspberries website. There is a detailed interview with Ken and Barbie and how they have become the Raspberries closest fans. Just a note; They have been honored with "All Access" laminates that they wear at every show.

Thanks for helping me getting a *clue*! I am new to all of this...a new fan and new to this website. I am just slowly getting through the *Tonight* book...unfortunately, most people don't know I am not all that healthy myself so I kinda got to take things a lil slow. I really appreciate all the kindness I have received here already...never mind Cleveland Rocks...EC.COM ROCKS!! Thanks everyone!!

The "positioning" of Ken and Barbie on stage had originally been the responsibility of Derek better known as "Goose" drum tech/percussionist. Sadly he went off to college and the responsibility moved to other members of the road crew. During the 2007 tour our monitor engineer Kirk Maharg stepped up and took care of placement. It is always fun to find new places or should I say where they are positioned for the shows. Many times they are moved between sound check and show time just to keep the guys on their toes. And so you know they did attend and where in the VH1 video's, never missing an opportunity to be with the band.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

The latest Barbie and Ken update was posted in my November 2012 Newsletter...

NOVEMBER NEWSLETTER

By Lew Bundles,  November 15, 2012 in Cartoon World 

Last Tues.,Election Day, was the most,gut wrenching, shocking , disappointing day of my life. But I ended up as an historical footnote, so all's well that ends well...let me explain...

Early in the day, I went to the polls to cast my vote...I came home and to kill some time before the results started to pour in, I decided to go on the computer and search for my heritage on ancestry.com...

To my surprise, my dad, Alfred Bundles and my mom, Maggie were born in Great Britain...shortly after they were married, they relocated to South Africa...2 years later, a little "bundle" of joy arrived-Lewis J. Bundles was born...Therefore, I am actually an African-American...Not that I am black: quite the contrary...(I am so white that I make Johnny Winter look like George Hamilton)...

The Historical part?...I am the only African-American to have voted for Mitt Romney!!!

So let's get rid of this "political correctness" stuff...Not all African-Americans are black...Black people are black, white people are white...There's no Italians in New Guinea, no virgins in the Virgin Isles and no one speaks Latin in Latin America...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

JUST SOME OBSERVATIONS...

How can the head of the CIA not be able to hide an affair...

Do you really think that Gov. Chris Christie can be an effective Pres.?...I mean, how can he control a country if he cant even control what he eats...

On the Raspberries front, if any of you attended any of the band's reunion shows, you probably would have noticed the little Barbie and Ken dolls always prominently seated on stage with the band...Unfortunately, at the last concert, Dave Smalley's bass guitar was set at such a high volume that the vibration from the amp( Barbie was sitting on it) caused the lady to tumble to the ground and she was transported to a nearby hospital with severe neck and head injuries...Ken held a candlelight vigil by her bed, but unfortunately, he forgot that she was plastic and she melted...Ken was convicted of "doll slaughter" and received a suspended sentence...

If Lewisa could blow like Hurricane Sandy, I would never leave the house...

And how was your month...

• Haha 1

Well, I happen to know from the grapevine that Lew, being the chivalry dude he is, is covering for Barbie.

In fact what happened was that Barbie fell instantly in love with the vibrating amp and decided to steal it. But the cops were called and so Barbie left the amp on stage and ran for her life. 

But she could never forget the electricity she felt when having the one night stand with the amp ,she became obsessed with repeating this experience, and so was determined to find a man who could give her the record 10 "earthquakes" she experienced during her intimate session with the amp.

So she googled "10 earthquake experiences in one love session" and the first 5 results were all the same. They were.  ........they were a picture of James.

:(

• Haha 1

I prefer to think she sees Eric as Prime Rib...

Ken's more like a thin slice of spam.

Eric's hair(back in the day) rocked.  Ken, meh....looks more like a 1950 Mad Men hairstyle.  And she certainly can't run her hands through it. Although he never needs a haircut....Just a personality.   And someone please wipe that goofy smile off his face!

• Like 1