Certain Songs...

Poor4Life

Eric,

Every artist has certain song(s) in thier catalog that they wish they could go back and change. Are there any that you wish you would've done differently in hindsight? I don't mean replacing a saxophone part with a guitar line, but radically different, such as turning a rocker into a ballad and so forth...

What gave me the idea for this question is, I saw McCartney's PBS special the other night and he turned "Lady Madonna" into a blues number, and I thought it sounded great!...

Jeff

The essence of a good song is that you should be able to interpret it in different ways and it should still work. The first time I realized how good the Beatles' songs really were was when I heard them done by the Hollywood Strings. To answer your question, I'm not sure I'd want to go back and change the approach on any given song, but you might just hear me play "Go All The Way" on the piano someday, the way I wrote it. The verses and choruses owe more to "Don't Worry Baby" than to the Beatles. It would kind of fun to do. e