Footloose II

ira

Eric...I read that Zac Efron the hottest guy in L.A. from all the "High School Musical" films and a fabulous turn in "Hairspray" has been signed to star in a new version of ""Footloose".

Good for you!

I hope that they retain "Almost Paradise" and that they approach you and Dean Pitchford for some new music.

Eric...You know what you mean to me...And I truly hope this is a windfall to you.

Your friend-Ira.

Highly unlikely, Ira. I spoke to Dean about this a few months ago, and he told me Paramount never even called him about it. Dean wrote the SCREENPLAY and ALL THE LYRICS for ALL THE SONGS for the original film. My guess. it'll be a bunch of new songs by all of your favorite hip new artists. Those would be.....um.....wait....it'll come to me.....give me a minute.......uh.............

Robert Klein used to make fun of these old Kraft "Recipe Commercials" from the 60's....

"Why don't you take this lovely piece of veal and pour some "Kraft" BLECCH! (Read Velveeta) all over it"!

That's what they'll do to "Footloose" if they try to update it with today's "Sounds".-Ira.

Eric,

If you're in touch w/Pitchford why don't you guys compare tattered notebooks, and play match game with your melodies and his words again, and use the upcoming flick as the commercial vehicle doing an end around the funky music biz, to your mutual benefits.

'course if Pitchford has any say in the screenplay, there can be plenty of opportunities for your existing colloborations.. frustated ironic love relationship, "Devil", Fun, hit the sun, cruise "Top Down" (hey even Kid Rock reworked 2 classics into a summer song), etc.

Come on, I know your melody vault has been growing.. let those tunes out and breathe Deans lyrics to a new cinema audience.

Hmmmm Seattle Steve...I've often thought of ec and Taupin collaborating. Wouldn't that be cool?

But then I think of some of ec's own lyrics...and they STILL blow me away! I reckon ec, a piano, a two-day old growth, a bunch of half-smoked cigs, and a double espresso would translate into some incredible tunes with unforgettable lyrics!

John

Yeah Ira....too bad he doesn't know how to strike an emotional chord with his listeners. :);)

Seriously though, I can count maybe two other composers who have hit me lyrically and musically throughout the span of my adult life. Talk about enduring music!!!! ec is even better now that I'm 49.

John

BTW Ira...I have some friends coming over this afternoon into the evening.I have filet mignon, chicken and swordfish kabobs marinating. The wine, lemon-drop martinis and other adult beverages will be flowing. Because of what you said regarding "Love Is All That Matters" I will have "Boats" in heavy rotation later.

Booyah!

Thanks...and pulleaze tell me when you'll next be in N.Y./N.J. area.Me and GMan will serenade you with our version of "Lincoln High School's"' The "Tokens" Greatest Hits.

Sorry but for many many reasons...I don't do Erasmus High School's "Streisand" :angry: Ira!