"Cindy In The Wind"

Tony Cartmill

"Total innocence" is the best way to describe it. I think this was the first Eric Carmen rarity that I heard when I joined this site in 2021. Any new members who've joined recently, I think will be pleasantly surprised. In my opinion, the title alone is what gives the implication of that sweet  innocence.  I  think it would be an awesome compilation if Eric Carmen released all of these unheard gems and there quite a few. Thanks for sharing LC.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2008 at 1:35 PM, seattlesteve said:

Billy Joel put out an album called "Songs in the Attic" a million years ago that featured cult hits long before he was famous, live versions that were better than the studio. Eric should do the same. Get some good equipment, in a Cleveland piano bar, do a set of all the old unreleased stuff, tell stories about each one, and sell on the internet. One night.. why not? Second night, do the same with released stuff. Third night new stuff. No one has mentioned a hit country song that Garth, Keith U, Sugarland, or a Tim/Faith duet couldn't make a hit song.. "High Cost of Loving You."

I'd kill to have a stool, coaster, and drink around that black grand piano.

I could see Eric doing this at the newly reopened "Night Town" in Cleveland Heights, Ohio. I believe he came on stage when Wally was performing there  many years ago and sang with him. He was wearing that legendary white hat too.

On 3/21/2008 at 1:35 PM, seattlesteve said:

Billy Joel put out an album called "Songs in the Attic" a million years ago that featured cult hits long before he was famous, live versions that were better than the studio. Eric should do the same. Get some good equipment, in a Cleveland piano bar, do a set of all the old unreleased stuff, tell stories about each one, and sell on the internet. One night.. why not? Second night, do the same with released stuff. Third night new stuff. No one has mentioned a hit country song that Garth, Keith U, Sugarland, or a Tim/Faith duet couldn't make a hit song.. "High Cost of Loving You."

I'd kill to have a stool, coaster, and drink around that black grand piano.

Not to be naive, but, er, isn't it a good thing that people can listen to "Cindy in the Wind" on YouTube? Think of all the EC fans who have passed on without ever having heard it. 

Or is there some copyright infringement, or a request by Eric to keep it private? I just don't know. I guess I'm from the Dylan/Neil Young/Grateful Dead school of sharing rarities. 😇

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, LC said:

Or is there some copyright infringement, or a request by Eric to keep it private?

Thanks for asking this LC, because I've always wondered that as well when I joined this site. What are youtubers allowed to post? And what infringements are there? Just to hear any new music by Eric even if it is from 50 years ago is such a great discovery.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Michelle said:

I could see Eric doing this at the newly reopened "Night Town" in Cleveland Heights, Ohio. I believe he came on stage when Wally was performing there  many years ago and sang with him. He was wearing that legendary white hat too.

Can't imagine Night Town being a big enough venue, but quaint, yes.  We'd have to keep it a private party to get in, Michelle LOL!  Maybe MGM would give ERic the great fan support he hasn't seen since his last live performance and give him the inspiration to get back to live music.

Live music is necessary!

• 2 weeks later...