Eric: I'm In Tokyo...What To See?

VAB5

Ecstacy-My favorite Hebrew saying is-"Who is the rich person? He is the one who is happy with his share".God bless you. Not only do you seem to look for what is good in life-you look to bring some joy to others.I hope that your family on the web can continue to bring a little joy to you as well.-Ira.

Tony I live 1/2 hour from West Point Military Academy here in NY (in fact, my 18 year old son is going to his senior prom there tonight)...it's a beautiful place to walk and they have a museum with the Japanese Surrender documents and Emperor Hirohito's sword. It is awesome to see - and every time I go, there are TONS of Japanese visiting this exhibit. It was kinda weird standing there until I spoke to some of the visitors. (same thing at the Arizona memorial in Hawaii)

No one forgot any atrocities - not the Japanese, not the Americans, not the Germans.

And not my Irish family - my mom is from Northern Ireland. Her 7 1/2 year old sister was raped and murdered by an American Air Force soldier in 1944. Mom was sent here - to the homeland of her sister's murderer - alone at the age of 15 to work and send money back home. I assure you discipline, self-esteem and proper diet cannot eradicate any of those memories or trauma.

I'm nobody to ask but - Please apologize to Ecstacy - she is worthy of your respect for her hard work and selflessness and we'll think more of you for it.

annie

Thank you all vey much. I'm blessed to know my calling and be able to follow it to the best of my abilities.

For the record, the family of origin didn't turn out too well. There was child abuse and neglect going on so we ended up growing up more as survivors than siblings. But John, my husband, came along and saved my life! He saw something of value and worthy of salvaging in a very broken and battered young women and married me and gave me a whole new life! That's what drove us into fostering and changing others' lives.

And to Ira,I spend a LOT of time researching info on the Internet to keep up with the demands of my family. I've been to many, many boards but nothing even comes close to this. I've never had a home before --- until now. Thank you all.

Tokyo is great, I dig the smaller,older neighborhoods and street markets with everyone doing their shopping in the middle of the streets etc. There's a shrine atop a hill in the Akasaka area of Tokyo near the Imperial Palace that is a real treat. There are golden gates at street level but otherwise you wouldnt know it was there because it was essentially behind and atop a very modern shopping mall! The more sushi the better I say. Regarding negative remarks on the past all populations, as a whole, need to be more concerned and leery of their leaders. Politcal leaders, have wrought more harm and evil in the events of world history than any other facet. This fact is not the property of any particular nation or culture.

Actually Eric, there are a myriad of "religions" (and a few "cults" as well) that believe those three things will cure whatever ails body, mind, or soul... And while there is nothing wrong with any or all 3 in and of themselves; to deny that other things can go wrong in a persons life is tantamount to the ostritch who sticks his head in the sand and believes that there is no danger because he can see none...

I might add a 4th trait; and though it dovetails with Discipline, apparently some people don't practice both at the same time...

Restraint.

My sister let's her kids get away with making jokes about my bald head and my belly because "They're not saying something that is not true." My consistant argument is that one day somebody (no, not me...) is going to knock their teeth out because they don't know enough to sometimes keep the "truth" (or their negative opinions) to themselves...

There's the other "R" word - respect. Something Asian cultures are renowned for, I understand.

That, and being polite.

Your nieces and nephews are being ALLOWED to be disrespectful and impolite - the problem definitely stems from your sister. Your argument should be that their comments are hurtful to YOU (and you will knock their teeth out one day...TOTALLY KIDDING!!!)

but you get the point.

BACK TO the original topic - Japan....I have never been, would love to go (Eric, I am sucking up here and now to be a personal assistant whe you go back.) I understand that a lot of Japanese culture is a reflection of balance and harmony - is that what the tea ceremony is like? Or the layout of a japanese garden perhaps?

Are your sister's kids scientologists?

I think what youre driving at is people have lost their "sensitivity". Its mot just losing a moral compass because moral compasses are relative and there are many good ones. Sensitivity is broader I think. It's easy, whether due to selfishness, ego, or even deeper problems, to have a lack of concern or respect for others, their issues or shortcomings. In fact I would say its almost become epedemic. You see it every where, well except for Wallmart greeters, and its really taken our culture in a bad direction. Its so refreshing when you meet people that are kind hearted. It's such a rareity these days. One of the things I am totally passionate about in my girlfriend is her kind heartedness and genuiness. Its extraordinary,and it extends to all creatures of the universe, all types of people from all walks of life. Well...except for Hillary Clinton and Bill OReilly and and then there's Tom Cruise...oh and Angelina Jolie and........

Dropping in quickly. A great idea by Sllvnbl-

If you perform in Japan, could you make it around Thanksgiving or later in the year? Around Hannukah and Christmas? Some people here would like to go and enjoy the culture and the people. Over there, they too will go nuts to see Eric, or The Raspberries, again. Can you imagine, because they are already nuts about all types of music.

I'm sorry, Ecstacy! Great clarification on your part. Your's is a 1 in 1000 special care case and you are doing a great service. I shot off my mouth without knowing all the details.

However, for everyone of you and your case, there are probably 10 kids being sedated by the drug-company influenced culture of ADS,ADD,ABC,CBS,NBC,CNN...disorder diagnosis, when the kid gets a little overactive in class at school.

Your cases are real, but I believe many "figity" kids do not need DRUGS to behave at school.

Ecstacy, With all the trauma and crap you have been through with your calling, and you get "hurt" by my miss-diagnosis on ec.com? :D

To quote "The Wizard Of Oz", "Pay no attention to that man behind the raincoat..." ;)

As for Japan. I like the country alot NOW! They have a better work ethic than America. They make better cars, electronics,...They have a better diet. They have better taste in pop music overall.(Guys like Eric and Kyle Vincent are bigger over there) Japan's people are more courteous to strangers...

I just want people to remember some recent history and remember who the good guys were who helped Japan recover from the horrors of WWll to where they are now.

That's right! The Evil Americans... :)

Thank you very much, Tony! How about we start this friendship off right and "shake on it"?

You are indeed right that many kids are "created cases" in order to sell the meds to a greater consumer audience. And believe me, I have faced that issue (more with the older kids because their illness are genetically inherant rather than substance abuse) and had to pull them off of things I was SWORN they needed --- all three older ones are unmedicated and doing fine!) Unfortunately, you will find that true of any med from any major pharmaceutical for any type of illness. Money talks. Sometimes we just have to follow our gut, stumble along, and learn from history as you said!<smile>

Shake for sure...As soon as I stop shaking from thinking of all the love, energy and experiences you have gone through giving those kids a chance at a normal life. I don't know if I could deal with that, even if the kids were my creation...

I should have written my post in the form of a question so you could quickly rebuff me and tell your story, without it being so offensive...

Tony, you totally kill me!! :lol:

One thought for you: close your eyes, think about your impending newborn,and remember what my mother wished for me when I had my daughter:

"Dear God, please give her a child that will pay her back for all the grief she game me. Amen."

My mother's wish came true: my daughter is me when i was younger, with her amp turned up to 11. payback is a B**** and I gave birth to the B**** who is paying me back! I bet your kid will stun you with a quick wit and wisdom!

Think Stewie from "Family Guy".........

Ecstasy - you're a class act.