ÖMmmm cake.

That cake TAKES the cake! I have never seen such a culinary creation! It was even more delicious than it looked. And if you waited just long enough, you got to eat the picture of Eric. Great food, wonderful company. The first person I saw when I came through the gate was Marvin. He's so cute, he can even criticize WD and I won't get mad at him. You just can't get mad at Marvin, after you've met him! It was fantastic to talk to Tony and meet all of the people I've conversed with so long on the board. Sign me up for next year!!!

smile --Darlene

I'll echo Darlene's comments: Yes, I am cute! Ha!

Actually I'd just like to take the time to thank Bernie for the generosity and wonderful hospitality. It was great meeting those who were able to come by today, and especially wonderful hearing your Eric/'berries' related experiences. When I got back to my in-laws, the first thing I said to my wife was, "there are others who share the same passion! I'm not alone!"

Thanks all.

Marvin

Omigosh, I can't believe you guys posted my cake here, too funny!

It was great meeting everyone, we had a lot of fun. Wish I didn't arrive so late so I could have gotten to talk more with marvin before he had to go, and could have been there when they phoned Tony. I didn't phone you, Tony, cuz they said they'd already talked with you.

Bernie's got one of the biggest cats I ever saw, he's a monster! Sweet as can be tho, I wanted to stuff him in my car and bring him home. smile

I took some pics, no idea how they came out yet, but if anyone there has any objection to my posting pics of them, please send me a private message here and tell me what you wore so I recognize you on my pics, and I won't post pics of you.

Thanks again, Bernie, for a really nice get-together. Maybe next year we should hold it in Disney World? (any excuse to go to Florida!) haha

It was an honor to have Bernie call me and to talk to most of the Party Animals. Sorry I missed JuliaD on the phone, and even more sorry I missed her unreal cake. The pictures looked painted on the icing! Marvin sounds like a regular person. Hmmm...No igloo accent at all. confused

I could smell the lobster when Dave was on, and I could smell the lemonade when I talked to Darlene...

What rare videos did Bernie show?

I'm just happy Eric Carmen was in So.Cal and came and helped me and the wife with the yardwork and fence repair...Clayton is pretty good with the skill saw for a kid...Only cut off one of my fingers today. cool

If anyone took photos they'd like posted (without our mouths open piling in heaps'o cake) you can e-mail them to me and I'll put them up on a special page for everyone to see. That way I can include some captions and make sure the pics aren't too LARGE or too small for the web site to handle. Oh, that way I can also make sure I eliminate those pesky 'caught in mid-bite' shots :-)

Thanks to everyone who came. It was lots of fun!

Bernie

Tony I'm a pretty regular guy - especially when I eat properly! As far as rare videos go, we each had to sign a contract with Bernie that no info would be shared outside the confines of 62 Creamer Drive.

Julia my in-laws live in Jersey so that's why this Weekend at Bernie's worked out perfectly with our vacation. Now guess where they're moving come January? Yes, Florida (Dunellon) so a get-together there is fine by me.

Marvin

Dang! No jam. I totally forgot about thatÖand my guitars were right there in the open. Okay, they were in their cases and sort of against a wall kinda out of view, but they were there.

Here's an idea: Weekend At Bernie's 3: BernieFest. Everyone brings instruments and we see how long it takes for the police to arrive.

Bernie :-)

My husband and I made the journey down to Bernie's house for the party yesterday. What a joy it was to meet others who are as passionate as I am about Eric's music. Bernie's a joy to be around. It was so nice to meet all of you and see old friends again. It was worth the drive.

Eric you have some pretty devoted fans who love your music even as much as me and I didn't think that was possible. Thank you for the beautiful music and follow your heart.

Love, June happy

Andy I didn't want to be too forward and ask, "Hey Bernie can I borrow your guitar and play?" Now if you were there it would have been pretty easy. We could've jammed together and you would've blown everyone away with your note-for-note rendition of

"I Wanna Be With You." I was actually dying to do "Cindy In the Wind" the way that I hear it in my head. Oh well, "Weekend At Bernie's 3" sounds like a great idea.

Marvin