RASPBERRIES INTERNATIONAL RADIO NETWORK!

Al K

Hey everyone:

Julesberry's, Raspathens and Chew Foil's recent posts about their local radio stations playing Berries songs is the beginning of a great opportunity for you guys to help get the new CD played on stations all over the world.

Use this thread to post some basic info when you hear a Berries song -

The station call letters

The city

The address / phone / contact info if you have it

The Berries song (s) they play

I'll compile this list and get the radio promotion team at Ryko to make sure they focus their marketing efforts on these stations - they'll get the press release and the new CD to feature.

Let's see how many stations around the world we can get on this list!

Thanks,

Al

Billed as The True Oldies Channel - 94.7 FM

You can reach them at WZZNFM.com, then click on Contact Us which will give you a list of station departments (they also have a concert schedule to consider!) This is the station that Gina has had so much success with and Eric did the interview around the holidays.

Billed as The Greatest Hits of All Time - Y103.9 FM

You can reach them at y1039.com, then click on About Us for their list of departments (I did not see a concert schedule on their website, though.)

Both of these stations are for the Chicago-metro area. I don't know about the second station, but the first one has a large listening audience to replace us losing Chicago's long-standing oldies station which turned into JACK FM. (I still haven't gotten over that one!)

WMJI (Magic) 105.7 FM

Cleveland

WMJI Radio

6200 Oaktree Blvd., 4th Floor

Independence, Ohio 44131

Main Phone: 216/520.2600

Fax: 216/524.3200

GATW

Note:

When the station (Usually in the 5:00 hour) has played a Raspberries song the DJ always mentions that there will be a 'Live On Sunset Strip' CD/DVD release due out sometime in July.

97.1 FM (The Drive) in Chicago can be reached through www.wdrv.com

Bob Stroud is a huge Raspberries fan who attended the Chicago show in 04 and usually announces each members birthday when it occurs and plays a Raspberries song or two. It's the only station I have ever heard "I'm A Rocker" on here and Stroud tries to play GATW, IWBWY, LP and OS every chance he gets. DEFINATELY get something into his hands for promotion.

WWBB 101.5 - aka "B101" in Providence RI has played "Go All the Way" mainly, but every now and then they will play "Overnight Sensation" or "Let's Pretend" for a spell. I do remember maybe once hearing "I Wanna Be with You" on that station.

http://www.b101.com

A few years back, one of the B's finest (I forgot which one) played GATW, then played OS later on in his show that night to show "another side of Eric's writing".

BMP

Hi Al. Here in New Zealand the one station that often plays Eric's and Raspberries music is Solid Gold FM. Its a hits of the '60s & '70s mainly station. GATW, Overnight Sensation and Lets Pretend are the most common ones they play. Of course Hungry Eyes and the like get some airtime too.

The breakfast time DJ is a guy called Kevin Black (Blackie) but others often play our boys music during their stint over the day. Here is the station info.

Studio

Phone: 0800 SOLID GOLD

0800 765 434

Fax: 0800 GOLD FAX

0800 465 332

email: studio@solidgoldfm.co.nz

Postal Address

P.O Box 47 560

Ponsonby

Auckland

NEW ZEALAND.

This is the station we listen to most of the time during the day. It is a National station so they broadcast right across the country.

Muzza

Hey everyone:

Julesberry's, Raspathens and Chew Foil's recent posts about their local radio stations playing Berries songs is the beginning of a great opportunity for you guys to help get the new CD played on stations all over the world.

Use this thread to post some basic info when you hear a Berries song -

The station call letters

The city

The address / phone / contact info if you have it

The Berries song (s) they play

I'll compile this list and get the radio promotion team at Ryko to make sure they focus their marketing efforts on these stations - they'll get the press release and the new CD to feature.

Let's see how many stations around the world we can get on this list!

Thanks,

Al

I've been hearing both solo Eric songs (not just All By Myself, surprisingly ~ the other day they played *She Did It*!), And 'Berries songs, on WMJI 105.7 a LOT these days!! For anyone else that might listen to 105, keep your ears open for both ~ I always get so jazzed when I hear Eric's songs and the 'Berries on the radio! Of course I'm not overly fond of John Lanigan, lol...but that's another story! angry

This is a cool thread, can't wait to see all the posts! laugh

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Al..... just wondered if you were able to get anything through to Solid Gold FM here in New Zealand. Kiwi spoke to them today after they played "Go All the Way". The announcer, who name is also Muzza, knew a reasonable bit about the boys but has asked Kiwi to email more info. He was able to name all the members of the band which is something I guess. He also played "All By Myself" later in his show.

Kiwi told him about the bands reunion and the release of the CD at the end of the month. She also pointed him towards both the Raspberries Online website and Eric's website. Maybe we'll get Raspberries music selling in New Zealand yet. All we need is a distributor of their music to follow our work up.

Muzza and Kiwi