Raspberries New Music

JumpMan

I know that this subject has come up in several different posts. I thought that I would limit my post to only Raspberries NEW music.

Just my thoughts-

All the original Raspberrie members (Eric, Wally, Jim, Dave) are extremly talented and capable of writing music that could be a solid hit on radio today. I feel that the time is right, based upon the current U.S. economy and world events, that is, the general public is ready to hear some good catchy, feel good, sing along tunes. The "new" music in certain aspects could sound quite different than in the past material released.

The question is... are we (the board members) ready to accept a different yet still current power pop sound from the Raspberries? I believe the band is capable and ready. I for one am ready. How about it gang?

Hey guys, I'm ready, The Raspberries members are ready, I can feel the Raspberries vibe.

It's a good one too.

Besides that, if the MOODY BLUES CAN DO IT, Alright Eric, Wally, Dave, Jim can too.

The rainbow coming this Spring after the Spring rainfall, is going to be bright and beautiful.

All Raspberries are going to be in full bloom.

You know what guys, this February is Raspberri

month, I just realized that, Kraft Canada and other cooking shows are serving Raspberri Jell-O,

Cakes and so on.

Jump Man you are so right about the public being ready for a new or (old) direction. Believe it. Nobody Knows what the next major direction will be in anything, especially music. You can't try to direct it, it just happens. The Beatles just evolved they didn't know how great they we're going to be or how much of an impact they would have. The Bee Gees didn't know they we're going to sell millions of records when they went disco. All you can do is be true to what you are and the rest just follows. It may be time for a jump back to music the Raspberries would create today. You just never know.....unless you just do it.

Whatever the guys decide to do, whatever direction they take, I'll be honored to support it in every way. Four extraordinary talents, blended into Raspberries--what more could anyone want?! They are living proof that talent such as they have is not just intrinsic to each one, it's their "essence." Even 30 years couldn't erase or even dim it one iota. What made Raspberries Raspberries is shining brighter than ever! The calibre of their catalog says it all. Their love for the music they've created and for what they are creating together is greater than it's ever been. That's enough for me. Their absolute exhilaration onstage makes the music all the more exciting!!! I haven't seen that anywhere else. Once a Berries fan, always a Berries fan, or, "Love me, love my Raspberries."

smile --Darlene

You know, I'm always the one who says "Nothing is impossible" and "you never know," so I guess I should change my tune regarding the Raspberries' ability to have hits again. Who knows? Who would have believed some of the terrible/wonderful things that have happened in my lifetime? I would certainly buy anything they put out at this point!

• 3 weeks later...

Trindy, There are several books I live by. Start reading them and you'll find it very easy to make lemonade, and, what's more, you'll see all kinds of things you never thought could happen come true before your eyes:

Psychocybernetics by Maxwell Maltz

The Magic of Believing by Claude M. Bristol

Believe! by Richard DeVos

The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino

If any or all are out of print, you will find them on Ebay or Bibliofind or ABEbooks.

And then there's my favorite (quoting Dr. Wayne Dyer): "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."

There's also an amazing book by Alexis Vale called "The Woman's Guide to Survival." She's VERY spiritual, and says that if something you want isn't happening, let go, believe and let it unfold on its OWN timetable, not YOURS. THAT works too! I'm not pushing for ANYTHING when it comes to Raspberries, because it's doing just fine all by itself. I'm just knowing it's all gonna fall into place--and it will.

smile --Darlene

Darlene,

I am not trying to be nit picky but take it from someone who has seen the band play at least 50 times, they are better now than they were. All the more reason to create some new music, Take everyones 30 year spin on life and the music has to be better, because the players are better and wiser. Hopefully they will live for today and give us something great, because these truly are great people

I know there will be new music, and GREAT music! That "string of hits" we're looking for. The life experiences they've had, and also the renewed and *deepened* appreciation for each other personally and professionally will be a catalyst for all KINDS of marvelous things to happen! Raspberries has shown us fantastic music, but I know the guys haven't shown us *anything* compared to what they'll produce in the not-distant future!

smile --Darlene