next concert

sterling

I would speculate that if the Berries ever give another concert it will not be until April (nicer weather time) or thereabouts. That would also be the time that the DVD/CD of the first two concerts could be finally available on the market. Just the right combinations to get everyone ready for an HOB tour of venues that goes through August or so. Seeing how 3 of the Berries still have day jobs they will have to mostly perform on weekends. Anyone else care to speculate on all of this?

Phil

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for fun, here is my prediction. Being that the Chicago show had a healthy turn out, I expect them to be able to book a 16 date tour over a three week period (the fellows can take a leave from work). It's far more cost efficient this way. Most probable markets: Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, Detroit, Denver, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles/Anaheim, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Dallas, Houston, St. Louis, New Orleans, Myrtle Beach, and Orlando.

Barb,

Dumb question on my part...But do you think those 16 venues would all be House of Blues? And would they do Chicago again? I don't think there is an HOB in St. Louis? What time of year would this 3 week jaunt take place and when do you think the DVD/CD concert video will be available?

Phil

There are no dumb questions; only dumb answers!

I believe there is only about a half dozen HoB venues so other venues would have to be utilized as well. The timing is dependent on so many unknowns that I couldn't even speculate; anywhere from March to September. I don't believe they'll do Chicago again as ticket sales were healthy but not overwhelming. Although I didn't put it on my itinerary, I think another Cleveland show is likely.

I think you are misunderstanding me. I didn't say ticket sales weren't good. I was quite pleased. The floor was packed but I was told by those taking potty breaks that the areas off the floor were empty. To warrant a second show ticket sales have to be more than good; they have to be outstanding! If the show sold out in 5 minutes (like the 1st Cleveland show), then a second show would be warranted. But the show NEVER sold out. Having a near capacity show does not warrant a second show. Maybe next year...

Wasn't it only 60% sold out a couple of days before the concert? Then thanks to Gina and Pat , and a short interview with Eric amd Jim in the Sun-Times on Friday, it almost sold out. I think with better promotion and better weather they'd have no trouble selling out another HOB show...

Jeff

...but no Philly, Kathy?

You guys could be downtown at the Troc (HOB) in an hour and a half!

and Lobster Dave...your thought is nice in theory, but let's face it, the first two or three shows were for us, but going forward, they need to make a buck or two to proceed with a tour and with a capacity of 1500 or so at HOB's a sellout or at least close one is what they are going to be looking for!

I've thought of Myrtle Beach as a tacky Vegas... or maybe a Branson-by-the-Sea wannabe. Population density is naught. Advertising would be a nightmare. It is just a tourist area. Gatlinburg would have as big a draw. Probably the only people who would know about the concert are the ones who'd drive by the HOB and see it on the sign outside. Though it is in my backyard, it is the one venue which would scare me for the Berries' sake. (actually it's not that close, I'm in upstate SC, so I could drive half way to Cleveland in the time it would take me to get to the coast of SC)