Raspberries Rock Chicago

James

I'd like to add my thanks to Jeff, too! Jeff, you were a great host and we really appreciated having a place to get together, raid a fridge, and check the message board! Furthermore, I'm grateful to have been included at your HOB dinner table. Thanks for everything and hope to see you again at a future Berries show!

Jennifer

Jennifer, great to meet you, as well. It was really a lot of fun hanging with all of you.

I hope there will be a future time we will hang again! If there's a show in L.A., I can assure all the best time -- I am pretty wired there (I am in NY now) -- also with the L.A. HOB.

That show was my ultimate fantasy come true! I wasn't able to make either Cleveland show and was devastated. I couldn't believe when they announced the Chicago show because it's only a two hour drive for me.

I got a spot right up against the stage, directly in front of Eric. I even managed to get a guitar pick from him. Everything about the night was absolutely perfect.

It was great getting to meet Gina (thanks for everything) and also Ken Sharp. What a super guy! I have been reading his books and reviews in "Goldmine" for years so it was really an honor for me to get to talk with him.

Let's hope the guys can keep this thing going and record an album of new material!

Greg

Just arrived back in my hometown Doetinchem in the Netherlands, (Kathy and Bernie, I had a possibility to take an earlier flight to NY, so I wasn't there at O'Hare when you were there) and I'm still shaking. What a wonderful night I had, meeting so much nice people, Jeff, Ted, Gina, Marvin, Ken, Marlene, JuliaABM and husband, Michelle, Gene, Bernie and Kathy and so many more, thank you for your warm welcome, really great. My first trip to the US ever but certainly not my last, love U all.

What about the concert, it was UNBELIEVABLE, if I didn't had seen and hear it, I wouldn't have believed it, what a great sound, shivering!

I think I was at the right time at the right moment, everyone on stage climbed to the highest level possible and that for only a THIRD concert in a row, remarkable.

And then, thank you so much Bernie and Kathy, I finally met my all time hero, Eric, he gave me also a warm welcome and said he knew my name already, great. Thank you so much Eric for giving me such a warm welcome, and I have to mention the others, Wally en his charming wife, Jim and not to forget David and all the guest musicians, you all did a wonderful job, and I'm hoping to see you all in the near future, can't wait another 32 years, greetings from Holland and I Don't Wanna Say Goodbye.........

Hey, Jeff (Poor4Life) - was it you I took the pic of with Dave after the show? If so, I am taking it in today to be developed. Whether or not the pic is yours, I did see you during the show, and am so glad you posted this...you were having such an incredible time and I am happy for you that all went so perfectly!

No Susana, unfortunatly it wasn't me. You must have me confused with one of the other Jeff's on here. lol

I was standing up against the stage all the way to the right, in front of Wally. You're right about one thing though, I WAS having an incredible time! Another one of the amusing things that happened during the concert was, I was wearing a John Lennon shirt, and both times the band started to play the Beatles" tunes Paul (the guitar/keyboard player) pointed at my shirt and smiled!

Jeff

I really wasn't sure at all, Jeff...the guy I took the pic for looked a bit like what I thought you did from that distance, so thought I'd give it a shot. LOL

To everyone here: I have to say that in addition to being an incredible evening, Saturday was also validating in a way. For as long as I can remember (no pun intended, but OK, it's there) I have always been a sort of a "lone wolf". Ever the Eric and 'Berries fan, and loyal to a fault in that department...but rarely found others who enjoyed the music as much as I do. One of my friends who now lives in Alaska and another I met as a pen pal years ago who lives in Maine...that's about it. I did encounter some rather obsessive types - and I don't mean that in a good way. crying

Meeting so many people from this board this weekend was terrific. Everyone I met was in the category of "good people". Stevie - you are the host with the most and I can't wait to get together again. Laura - what a surprise when we ran into each other in the bar after just talking on line! Marilyn - glad to meet you and will check out some of the bands you mentioned. Eric H...I have a feeling that you and Stevie are two of the few who view the music as I do...something that can't easily be communicated, but you know the feeling when you see it in someone else. Was glad to hear from you after you got home and look forward to talking more. wink

I am looking forward to the next time we all cross paths...hope it is soon!

susana - To add to your sentiments, I too have felt like a "lone wolf" ever since high school; sometimes wondering if I was the only one that "got it". Being able to share the evening with other true fans and in such a wonderful venue just made the experience of the Raspberries doubly enjoyable. Thank you again, Stevie for being the great host you were. And it was so great meeting Laura and Marilyn; I wish I had been able to stay to meet Bernie and more of the great fans (and of course the band too!).

And Wim: congrats on getting to meet Eric and Bernie - you definitely are one of the family after traveling all that way!

Hello Everyone,

I'm still collecting my thoughts after one incredible weekend... I'll be writing my "reflection" shortly but for now let me just say that it was an absolute dream to see the Raspberries, and everyone from these boards added to the experience immeasurably.

I too had felt like a "lonewolf" especially since I discovered the 'Berries in the mid 80's - long after the breakup. The show was incredible. Meeting everyone from this message board was a thrill- having a roomfull of fellow Raspberries fans to share the experience with and talk about the music was great. Everyone was so friendly and fun. It was great hanging with the rest of the Florida delegation, Ted, Anne-Marie, and Linda, as well as everyone else, Marvin, Jennifer, everyone from dinner and the aftershow party.

I must give major thanks to Jeff for his hospitality. Also, saw Wally and Jim at breakfast the next morning. Big thanks to Wally for taking a moment out of his mealtime to sign my CD cover. Also, Jim was just incredibly nice and friendly, and signed my CD! I can see why Eric referred to him as "A Prince of a person" on the radio. Hope to see a Raspberries show in Orlando!

I am also going to try to make an MP3 from the radio Interview, which I have a cassette of - I already got an OK from Bernie. Problem is, I am on the road, and need to find or buy a cable to output from boom box or some other lesser tech cassette player I can get my hands on, to my computer. I hope to do it before I go to Germany later this week.

If you are going to Germany Jeff, you are in my neighborhood, if I could do anything for you just let me know, we live around 8 miles of the German border.

]

Hi Wim -- thanks for the offer, but I will be on the other side of Germany, in Bavaria. But, I do hope to see you soon!

Thanks to all who stopped by the Merch area to say "Hi" - it was great to meet so many of you while I was workin', in the opera box I was so kindly invited to watch some of the show from, at the after show party and then when I brought Paul up to Jeff's suite and then got to meet even more of you...I think we're just gettin' warmed up with the last three concerts... You guys are GREAT!!I hope to see you all soon!

Al