Carmen Connection Newsletter

Hi! Did anyone out there subscribe to the "Carmen Connection" newsletter back in the late 70s/early 80s??? I still have all mine and love them. I fell in love with Eric back in 1978 and my heart beats faster whenever I hear his voice-both the rock and ballad songs. Also, does anyone know if the album "Tonight You're Mine" will come out on CD? I'd love to have that! Thanks!!!

Kristina-- I didn't even know it existed in it's heyday, but the two girls who ran it discovered this web site a couple of years ago and sent me all of the issues. If you poke around the PRESS ARCHIVE you can find a bunch of the more interesting stories there.

They were the EricCarmen.com of the pre-computer age! --Bernie

Omigosh, I have many (but not all) of those newsletters called The Carmen Connection. I have several correspondences from the two girls who ran it too. One was named Sue and I forget the other (sorry, having an "almost 50" moment). They were indeed pre-internet and really made you feel connected as their title inferred. It would be great to fill the missing gaps to my newsletter collection. Are they still among us to communicate with?

And Kristina I believe "Tonight You're Mine" is available on CD. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Pattie

I, too, used to receive The Carmen Connection. It was purely by chance, luck and kindness of the good people of America. One day, desperate for information on Eric, I spotted a contact address on the back of a Raspberries LP. I wrote to it, explaining that I understood it was possible it was no longer the contact address for the Raspberries. I couldn't believe it when a few weeks later, I received my first issue of The Carmen Connection from Pam and Sue and with every issue, I received a lovely personally written letter. I was really sad when the issues stopped. Thanks to Bernie my addiction for Eric has now been replenished over and over again! I hope Pam and Sue are doing well.

I never even KNEW there was a Carmen Connection Newsletter! Who published it and were they local girls from Cleveland? If anyone wants to make a copy of one of them and send it to me, I would be grateful. I feel so left out! Someone, tell me more about them. And where are Pam and Sue now?!

Darlene Brandt
11 Haypress Road
Cranbury, NJ 08512

Thanks to all who responded! I found the CD for "Tonight You're Mine" at Amazon- so thanks for the advice! I was told by more than a few music stores that it never was issued in CD format so I can hardly wait to get it-my Lp is pretty worn out. I don't have all of the Carmen Connections but I have probably most of them-not sure when it ended. I am off to California for a couple of weeks vacation but will try to zerox copies (some were printed in a purple print so I am not sure how they'll copy). I found the ad for the newsletter from the back of US Magazine in 1978. I was starved for info on Eric and even though he was on the radio regularly there wasn't much writted about him. I, too, am very grateful for this website so I can keep up with all the Eric news...take care everyone! -Kristina