BB Kings Logistics

AnneG

I was told by the BBK Box Office two weeks ago, that since the Saturday show is sold out, people should be ready to line up by 4:00. Doors open at 6:00.

At the time I spoke with the Box Office, the Sunday show was not yet sold out, so they said it was not imperative to be in line as early. Be forewarned that this was two weeks ago and for all we know, the Sunday show may also be sold out now. AND if it isn't sold out, you know the word of mouth and Saturday's reviews will result in walk-up sales.

Marvin

Nah Ted you didn't dream that part. That's what BBK's told me a few months back. Due to the fact that a large crowd showed up at 8:00a.m. for the evening's Donny Osmond (!) concert, and also because the police were not impressed by the line up, the staff issued #'s to people in line so that they would disperse. I suppose if 500 of us show up at 8:00am on Saturday, they would be in a position to do the same thing - just don't sing "Puppy Love."

Marvin

Wait a sec... if I have tickets in hand for a show that starts at 8, why would I get in line at 6 and sweat my ass off for two hours? I, for one, have no intention of doing that. I'll be there ahead of time, yes. But 2 hours ahead of time in record breaking heat? Nope.

It is HOT right now in New York City! EXTREMELY HOT! I'm not a betting man, but I'd venture to say that even if you were the last person to eneter B.B. King's, you'd still be closer to the the stage than you'd ever be at any arena show. MUCH closer. In fact, I walked around the quite large Scene Pavilion last weekend and the view was still PRETTY GREAT from the last row.

B.B. King's is just about half the size of the House of Blues in Cleveland. So, unless you're really looking to catch some of Wally's sweat in a bottle, or want one of the VERY FEW seats (who's gonna be sitting anyway?) I wouldn't be too pre-occupied with staking out a place in line too early in the hot and humid NYC summer.

You have a ticket. You're IN. And that's all that really counts this weekend :-)

Bernbie

I called BB's the other day to see about handicapped seating - since the back surgery, I can't stand for long periods of time - they said I need to talk to the manager on duty when I get there; nothing can be set up in advance...I'm thinking June (mymooladi) and I will be 2 of the few sitting!!!

Don't you guys want to go sightseeing or something instead of standing in line??!!

Sounds like a great plan to me - I may stop by tonight to see if there is someone I can talk to. Two other friends will be with me on Sat, but I can easily switch standing/sitting with them if they need a chair. My husband, the engineer who thrives on precision, is a bit anxious about this seating arrangement!

Plenty of seats...Plenty of viewing area...If you do not get a seat, its okay because the viewing areas are elevated above the seating areas...No matter where you are you wont be more than 50 feet from the stage...Had trouble sleeping last night...Saw the Berries in Conn. in 1974 or 5 and it was unbeleivable...Saw Eric solo or with Ringo quite a few times...I actually named my youngest son after Eric, he will be there tonight as well as my older son...I never rteally post here but I read them all...Cant friggin wait...Have tix for tomorrow also...Will have a few extra if it is sold out...See you kids later today...Lew B.

I arrived at B.B. Kings at 6:00 PM on Saturday. There already was a long line of people on the sidewalk, waiting to be admitted into the concert hall. At the end of the line were two men smoking cigars. Considering that cigar smoke gives me a headache, I decided not to wait on line and avoid the migrane I would have acquired before the concert even began. It was nice weather. So, instead I walk around Manhattan for awhile and arrived back at B.B. Kings before 8:00 PM. Needless to say, all of the seats were already taken, probably over an hour before. Therefore, I stood in the back of the show hall (probably the sixth row of people), and watched my very first Raspberries' concert, in a show hall full of overjoyed Raspberries' fans.