Special Chicago HOB Seating

Stevie

I live in Chicago and will naturally not miss this show. Not a big fan of being crammed on the floor for hours so I have secured special Opera Box seating for the performance which can accomodate more people than I have need for. If anyone planning on coming to the show would be interested in being on the first balcony level with additional access to the main floor if desired let me know in this thread. The cost will not come cheap however and depending on the number interested will run between 100-200 dollars above ticket price (per person). This is a once in a lifetime event for me so having to come up with an additional 100 or so to fully enjoy the performance is a no brainer for me. Ask any questions also as I have to run and there are some additional perks with the box seating.

Okay so here is the rest of the deal. The Opera Boxes are exclusive private rooms that hold from 15-25 people with fantastic views of the stage. They are located on the sides of the venue (Stage left and right) and are on two different levels, Balcony 1 and Balcony 2. The rooms are two-level with typically a row of seats along the front of the balcony at the first (lowest) levels and a couple of seats on the second (highest) level behind a bar like counter. There is also a sofa chair or two in the room along with a table in the rear for food, bags, etc. There is also a wall-mounted television that simulcasts the performance. The intent of the Opera Boxes is for people to generally mill about and stand to watch so there is less seating than the number of people the room can accommodate. For example in the smaller room that can handle 15 people there are only six seats (these are low rise barstool type chairs with backs and a heavy cushioned velour covering but are not attached to the floor and can be moved). The larger room that can handle 25 people have ten seats.

Purchasing a box also gives you access to the Foundation Lounge which is the HOB’s members only VIP lounge which is a great and roomy place to hang out before, after or during (??) the concert. There is an entry out of the lounge (which is on Balcony level 2), which leads you to an area facing the stage (and between the Opera Boxes on either side) where you can view the performance. Bottom line there are places to move to watch the performance with breathing room and the ability to rest against a wall or table or railing without having to be surrounded by the masses.

There is also a private entry into the club (no waiting in line) where you will be checked in and given a wrist bracelet to gain access to the private areas and will take a private elevator up to the Foundation Lounge.

I have secured the best Opera Box in the house (which not coincidentally is also the most expensive), which is of the 15 person variety, Balcony Level 1, on stage left (best side) and the most rear of the stage (so it is closer to a center view as opposed to a true side view). I personally viewed the box today and the view is fantastic. There were also eight seats in the box (instead of six) and even though the rep wouldn’t guarantee it she said most likely there would still be eight seats in the box when we use it.

One more thing, anyone interested in the box will not have to separately purchase tickets as I will be able to do that also so all anyone will need to do is show up and have their name checked on my guest list and then take the private elevator up and enjoy the show. I can also add another 15 person box to my tab or move up to the 25 person box based on interest but need to gauge interest through the weekend to do that. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Yeah, that really sounds like the way to go. I would definitely need a chair as have fibromyalgia and am unable to stand long. I would need 4 tickets, and my brother is wondering on the price? Thanks so very much! I think Laura from the boards might be interested in something like this too.

Paula

craftsbypaula@charter.net

Bernie:

I initially looked at trying to book two side by side boxes in case there was a large demand here for the seating. The box next to the one I got is usually reserved by the GM for "special persons" and I was told that in a lot of cases this means people associated with the band. In this case after checking the GM would not release the box. So who knows we might be next to Kay.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting to hear back from some who had earlier expressed interest in some of the Opera Box seats. If I don't hear back by this weekend I will have some availability. Anyone who might be interested should that occur please send me an IM. I can't guarantee anything at this point though. Please see this thread for details.