Japanese Reissued CDs

Masaki

Hi, everyone.

A live report from Japan.

It's about 21:00 of April 25, 2007 (JST) here in Japan and the Japanese Reissued 8 CDs are in front of me.

I've just finished listening to "Starting Over" album and it sounds great w/ 24 bit remaster quality. They also look great!

Some disks contain bonus tracks.

"Eric Carmen" albun; "All By Myself" (single version 4:33) and "All By Myself" (alternative version 4:54)

"Boats" albun; "Boats" (altermative Version - female chorus)

"Tonight You're Mine" albun; "Hungry Eyes", "Make Me Lose Control", "Reason To Try", "My Heart Stops", "As Long As We've Got Each Other", "Make Me Lose Control (live)", "Almost Paradise (live) w/ M. Clayton" and "Hungry Eyes (live)"

8 bonus tracks in one CD !!!

Rz's albums contain no bonus tracks, but with "fragrance sticker" for the first album.

I found the special articles regarding Eric and the Raspberries in two major Japanese music magazines. One is in the "Strange Days" magazine totaling in 9 pages about the Raspberries. Another one is in the "Record Collectors" magazine totaling in 8 pages about Eric. These articles are published incident to the reissue.

I hope many young people in Japan would have a chance to listen to masterpieces of Eric and Rz incident to the reissue this time.

I need to go off for preparation of the business trip tomorrow, but I can tell you that the reissued CDs are worth buying.

Masaki

Thanks Masaki! I am even more excited as I wait for my Japanese remasters to arrive here at my home in the U.S. With the four Eric releases and the four Raspberries it will be a joy to listen to these treasures. Japanese pressings are state-of-the-art so I expect great quality audio. My only regret is that these reissues were not in two channel stereo SACD and/or 5.1 channel SACD!

Thanks again for the report!

SNazz123

Hi luvthemraspberries.

JohnO kindly provided me with the following info which lead me to order all 8 of these CDs from Japan. There are apparently 3 or 4 threads on various areas of these forums. I got confirmation from the company that my CDs have shipped from Japan.

Here's what JohnO provided me for a link and this is a paste of his post to me:

"Please ignore my last post! www.cdjapan.co.jp is even cheaper than Amazon.

Eric's 4 CDs are listed @ 2200 yen apiece ($18.51), and the Raspberries CDs are either 2476 yen ($20.83) or 2857 yen ($24.04)."

Good luck!

SNazz123

Hi luvthemraspberries.

JohnO kindly provided me with the following info which lead me to order all 8 of these CDs from Japan. There are apparently 3 or 4 threads on various areas of these forums. I got confirmation from the company that my CDs have shipped from Japan.

Here's what JohnO provided me for a link and this is a paste of his post to me:

"Please ignore my last post! www.cdjapan.co.jp is even cheaper than Amazon.

Eric's 4 CDs are listed @ 2200 yen apiece ($18.51), and the Raspberries CDs are either 2476 yen ($20.83) or 2857 yen ($24.04)."

Good luck!

SNazz123

Wow, thanks!!! smile Has anyone from here ever ordered from that site (cdjapan.co) before? I've never ordered from them and wondering if anyone has had problems with getting their CDs at all.

Thanks again for the info!! wink

Here's additional info on the magazines:

"Strange Days" (2007 June issue/No.93) costs Yen 980 ($8.20) and Yen 700 ($5.80) for "Record Collectors"(2007 May issue/Vol. 26 No.5).

Although, I've not read through the articles, it seems that one of the writers mentions to Eric's upcoming new album in the aricle. Is this true? Or just the writer is wrong?

I will come back here again with the summary of the articles when I may have enough free time to do so.

To those who live in the big cities:

You may find the magazines at Kinokuniya bookstores in the US.

http://www.kinokuniya.co.jp/english/contents/network04.html

Masaki

luvthemraspberries said:

Has anyone from here ever ordered from that site (cdjapan.co) before? I've never ordered from them and wondering if anyone has had problems with getting their CDs at all.

luv...I had the same concerns until JohnO posted that he had dealt with that site several times with no problems...I ordered all four EC albums on 4/24 (day before release) and got 'em in no time. No problems...no surprise charges, etc. I got an e-mail confirming order and another one confirming shipment...great place to deal with. Now I'm in EC heaven...

About cdjapan in my case;

I orderd Ras'4CD by airmail.(not express) Shipping fee was 1200yen.(about c$11)Yes,they send me e-mails confirming order and shipping!It took about 8days to get them.I think cdjapan itself has no problem.But I'm charged c$25.6 (import fee,GST,PST,Handling fee)..Should I order them by Express????Did anyone order them from Canada? Maybe next time I'll try by Express.

Anyway I'm really happy to be in Ras'world!!!!

I also interested in a magazine which Masaki mentiond.Is it published in Japan?

"Hmmmm. I ordered mine to be shipped to New England in the States and it has been 16 days so far. I'm waiting with baited breath for these gems. Cannot wait!"

Sorry to hear that....from the day I ordered mine to the day I received them was 11 days, which is about par for the course for cdjapan, considering they shipped them 4 days after the order, per their emails.

Howdy JohnO. Up to 18 days and counting. My email from them said 4-12 days but up to two months! I imagine that the customs process can interfer with speedy delivery. However, I've gotten things from New Zealand in one week.

Anyway, these CDs are worth the wait JohnO and I appreciate your turning me on to this site and recommending it so I had confidence.

SNazz123