The long drive home

Bill C

I want to thank everyone my brother and I met at the concert. We drove all the way from Minnesota and left after the show to drive back again (13 hours non-stop) to make an appointment for Saturday night. Every mile was worth the trip. Thanks to Chuck for saving seats on the rail for us, thanks to Ken Sharp for making us feel so special. I can't wait for the DVD and CD to come out. Also thanks to Gene for posting his great pictures for all to see! It was really encouraging to hear Wally say that he hopes this is really the start of a new beginning for the Raspberries. I was so impressed with his "to the note" guitar work. He either worked his butt off for the last two months or has an unbelievable memory. What a job!!! Oh by the way, we made it home all right!

By the way if anyone has more pictures they can share please email them to me.

Bill bcampbellmn@comcast.net

Bill, We're all glad you made it home safely. 13 hours is very long to drive non-stop. We had 10 hours, took turns, and it was still a little sticky. Just into Ohio, not far from the Ohio-Pennsylvania border (Route 80), we hit a pretty intense snow-shower while I was driving and went into a skid. Even though Herman was shouting "Take your foot off the brake!" it was very difficult to do, because my instinct was to try to STOP!!! After several back-and-forth lurches, (and seeing the guardrail come up at us on the right side of the road!), I swerved quickly away from it and got the car under control. It was a gift from God that no cars were coming during this mishap! After a few moments of catching our breaths, we continued on. Maybe we'll fly next time...

smile --Darlene

I'm home safe and sound Ted. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. I hope that the guys were playing loud enough so that you couldn't hear me singing in your ear. My biggest regret is not having met more fans from the board. I got a bite to eat at the bar which entitled me to Pass The Line (that is after you guys) I was third in line standing with a couple from Omaha, Nebraska and a fellow in back of me from Georgia. I just think it so amazing how this show brought fans from all over the globe.

Laura (& everyone), I'll have to get your addresses via private messages and send you copies of the pictures I took. What a fabulous evening! I so loved meeting each and every one of you, and look forward to meeting all the rest when we return New Year's Eve. Laura, Kazumi, AnnieK, Julia Heard, Gina and Anthony and everyone else--what great memories those pictures will bring. We'll all have to exchange pics. Thanks everyone for being so great!

Ted and Ruthie, that Weekend at Bernie's was not so long ago...it didn't seem possible then...but, HERE WE ARE!

smile --Darlene

Hi Ted and Ruthie - we're home!!!!

Darlene - glad you pulled out of that skid!!!!

We saw a few BAD accidents on the way home - took us a lot longer getting home (left at 11:15 a.m. - walked in the door at 10:15 p.m. last night but stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch - they don't have one close to us!!!! What a fun place)

I have to stop posting and go pick up the dog - another 35 minutes in the car but i have great music to listen to!!!!!!!!!