DOWNLOAD RASPBERRIES FLYER!

Time for everyone to do their part! Download this flyer advertsing Raspberries: Live On Sunset Strip (it's designed to fit on a standard 8-1/2"x11" sheet of paper), print it out and post it on the bulletin boards of your local record stores, book stores, coffee shops, music venues, etc. (Special thanks to Don Krider for this great "grass roots" idea!)

DOWNLOAD RASPBERRIES FLYER

The flyer is only one part of EC.com's push for this new release. Here's what else you can do:

1. Start calling your CD store of choice NOW to ask if the release is going to be in stock on the release date of July 31. Some retailers who might have decided to pass on the initial order or who don't even know of the release date may change their minds after receiving some phone calls.

2. Hit the stores hard on July 31, or pre-order online at AMAZON . EC.com has over 1,000 members, if we all buy a copy the 1st week of release, we might actually have a chance to put Raspberries on Soundscan's Top 200 for the week! Even if you've ordered the online LIMITED EDITION, I guarantee you're gonna want a sealed copy for your collection. Heck, it's worth buying an extra copy just so you don't have to take off that nifty sticker advertising Bruce Springsteen's liner notes. I've uploaded a new image of the CD cover with sticker on the HOME PAGE for you to drool over.

3. Know where to shop. As of now, Wal Mart will not stock the deluxe edition because they say it is priced higher than their targeted threshold of $19.99, so focus on big box stores like Best Buy, Target, Circuit City, Borders, Barnes and Noble, etc. Indie record stores are your best best because they WILL stock the release, and will be able to get the release easier and faster with some phone call prodding from you.

4. Print as many copies of the Raspberries flyer as you can and get the word out!

spinspinspin

Bernie

Best Buy already has it on their website to pre-order but it's not prominently displayed on the music page for fans to order. I just checked Target and they don't have it displayed on their website - on the music tab for pre-order. Would individual stores need to be called to see if they are stocking it?

I'm trying to do as much as I can before I go on vacation Fri morning to get the word out!!!

HT

Well, I got about a dozen posters printed. Then a couple of my daughter's college-age friends came over and I gave them each a poster and asked that they give it to their parents! One of the girls has an uncle who plays in a band and she said she'd give him one too! One said "Gee, I wish my Mom was cool and did stuff like this!". Ha! I'll try to do my share in my little part of the world :p

Don, I just got around to reading your fantastic review at epinions.com. Wow! is all I can say. I am speechless. Great, great, great, great job. Makes me wanna go buy a couple copies - oh wait...I already bought some.

How do we get this in the hands of major media outlets? You da MAN!

BTW, how ya been feelin' lately? Well, I trust.

Don, I just got around to reading your fantastic review at epinions.com. Wow! is all I can say. I am speechless. Great, great, great, great job. Makes me wanna go buy a couple copies - oh wait...I already bought some.

How do we get this in the hands of major media outlets? You da MAN!

BTW, how ya been feelin' lately? Well, I trust.

I'm doing pretty well, especially after all the kind comments on the review. Thanks for asking.

Epinions is owned by Ebay.Com and gets two million unique visitors per month (who generate 20 million hits every month), so I'm hoping a few of those visitors find my review. I'm hoping the early reviews in the media generate a "buzz" about the album and some pre-sales.

You know, I'm just floored by all the reality of this magical moment in time --- 2007 is the 35th anniversary of "Go All The Way," the 30th anniversary of "Boats Against The Current," the 20th anniversary of "Dirty Dancing" and the 10th anniversary of Bernie's EricCarmen.Com! What a banner year.

My mystical Capricorn mind thinks the stars are aligned just right for the first time over Raspberriesland! Pretty cool!

Don Krider smile

http://www.epinions.com/content_393207123588

Our latest city vehicle sticker for Rockford has Cheap Trick on it. I think I will just get it to that size and paste it over my city vehicle decals. Lots of places around town to put it up.

Laura are you there?...Maybe you could do the same for Beloit!!

Phil

Ya know it's funny....A guy's gotta have priorities.

Months ago..when Bernie asked us to purchase items on e-bay to support the site...I couldn't jump fast enough to order the (autographed by EC) beautiful book of photos and stories celebrating the '05 tour...Yet that same night when the charity I had worked for for 3 years in an earlier life called...I couldn't tell them fast enoughto "bugger off" (British for "Get Lost"- I learned it from Hugh Grant in "About A Boy".)

And tonite when Bernie recommends supporting sales of the "Sunset Strip" CD (even if you're awaiting the Limited Edition) by ordering it from Amazon...I couldn't jump fast enough to order it from Amazon...package it with the soundtrack from the movie "Hairspray" ($9.99! on Amazon by the way)....and get my free shipping.

Like I said...A guy's gotta have priorities and Ec.com, Eric,and the Raspberries are way up there on my list of priorities...and for good reason.

Thanks for the suggestion Bernie!-Ira.

Check out how the Raspberries are doing at Starbucks!

http://www.letsmeetatstarbucks.com/Default.aspx?JumpToArea=raspberrymochafrapp

Wouldn't if be great if this CD could be sold at Starbucks along with the Raspberry Mocha and Frapacinno! I have certainly seen other groups music there and the Berries can play with any of them. Would it be ok if we wrote to Starbucks and suggested this to them. Hey 6300 stores ain't too bad and this would be a heck of a marketing tool that would be a WIN/WIN situation for many folks!

What do you guys think? Is it plausible?

Phil

There's two sites that are giving away copies of "Live On Sunset Strip" in email contests (another way of showing fan interest is how many people enter these contests):

Amplifier Magazine: http://amplifiermagazine.com/contests/raspberries_live_on_sunset_str.php

Exclusive Magazine: http://www.annecarlini.com/ex_giveaways.php

Wishing those about to enter those contests the best of luck...

Don Krider smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Don_Krider:

Now, I plead for "Got Raspberries Live?" T-shirts ("Got Live Raspberries?" on the front and "I Do" on the back with a photo of the album cover)...

Don that's a FABulous idea! Someone's just got to make it happen.

Marv

Ditto .... & how 'bout multiple sizes this time!!

Not as svelt as I used to be!!!

Сансет-стрип = Sunset Strip

I can read some of the cyrillic.

All c's are soft. Our 'H' is their 'N'.

P=R --- B=V ; bent B = our B ;

Доме = Dome (which means home).

"Coast to coast acclaim" (??) -- more like international!!!!!

Meanwhile, in California where the power pop music festival known as IPO is being staged, an article by Robert Kinsler on the show in the July 20, 2007, OCRegister (an Orange County, California, newspaper) --- http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/ipo-international-pop-1780818-overthrow-huntington --- mentions Raspberries new album:

------------------------------

...Pop-rock is enjoying a renaissance thanks to the numerous young purveyors of the style, as well as strong reissues by the genre's most-talented names. This year has seen cherished collections by the Beach Boys ("The Warmth of the Sun"), the Traveling Wilburys (a collection of all of the supergroup's recordings and music videos) and the Raspberries ("Live on Sunset Strip" is the legendary group's first new album in 33 years), while the Feeling's "Twelve Stops and Home," Rooney's "Calling the World" and Crowded House's "Time on Earth" are among the first-rate new sets garnering well-deserved praise...

----------------------------------

There's a picture of one of our board contributors, John "Popdude" Borack, with The Barry Holdship Four on the page, too.

Don Krider smile