LAST CHANCE FOR BERRIES INTERNET CD / DVD!!

Al K

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow - after reading Bernie's post about never getting any compensation, i am stunned; you, Bernie, are to be commended beyond words - you (& now Jim at raspberriesonline.com) have almost singlehandedly kept the legacy of the Raspberries afloat (w/ a nod to raspberries.net, too), & you've created an unrivaled place for all fans of the band & Eric to come together. it's so cool that your motivation is to return the favor for what these guys brought to you in joy over the years - the circle is complete! congrats & a bazillion katillion quadrillion thank-you's from all of us fans

Thanks for the kind words, Austin! Fact is, I've received so much joy from Eric and the band's music over the years that even after everything I've done, I still feel I haven't quite fully repaid the debt!

Bernie

PS: If you've been having fun at EC.com, get ready for even MORE excitement in the months to come including MORE video and audio files, a BIG Boats Against The Current 30th Anniversary celebration and EricCarmen.com's BIG 10th Birthday BASH! All coming your way. Fasten your seatbelts :-)

EricCarmen.com was a shining beacon in the darkness for me, who waited almost three decades, wishing I would hear "some news" of Eric or Raspberries. Having discovered the website (and Raspberries.net) at the public library, I realized there were plenty of others who had also kept the torch burning in hopes of reigniting the flame someday.

EC.com was the reason I decided I just *had* to get internet access. And I joined the rest of the "faithful," so joyful to be able to discuss the music and connect with others of such discriminating musical taste.

Then, standing in line in New Brunswick at the State Theatre, hoping to see Eric after Ringo's All Starr Band show, I met......RASPBERNIE!!! And he said, "and THIS is Ken Sharp!" I had hit the EC/Razz jackpot!!! What a night of animated conversation!

And it seems like only yesterday, but LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENED SINCE THEN!!! Indeed, Bernie has been a "Keeper of the Flame," a true labor of love.

And we love you, too, Bern!

smile --Dar

I can tell you that this site has indeed been a light in the darkness! Before the internet I'd hit the library once every few months to peruse all music publications to see if there had been any mention of Eric or the 'Berries. Then when the internet came along I could simply type in a search and when I got past all the fruits and jellies I might find a glimmer of news... or at least discussion.

Then one day I found Eric Carmen.com in all it's glory and I visited. Oh man, I'd check in at first once a week or so and then once every day I was on line... even joined up but never really entered into the discussions, it just seemed like we were more in mourning than we were in hope.

But gradually things began to happen. First was the Eric-less "Elderberries" reunion and discussions of a "real" reunion... then came the Ringo tour... and of course Winter Dreams/I Was Born To Love You...

Things seemed to be happening here at EC.COM too... but it had been so long since I had posted that I had no idea what my password might have been... in fact I wasn't entirely sure what my user name had been... so I "re-upped" and this time people were here... talking about things current as well as past... and things that interested us along with our love for the band/the man and their/his music!

And knowing that Bernie has devoted so much time and effort... and money... into providing this forum for us...

One can never say thank you often enough...

Both Michele and I were regulars on AOL's Message Board. Minutes after I announced that I was starting an Eric Carmen web site, Michele announced that coincidentally she, too, was planning to start a website of her own devoted to the 'Berries. So, you could say that in the race for the first Raspberries/Eric Carmen website -- it was a tie!

Bernie

Last March, I discovered this site, and I never knew there was so many EC and Berries fans out there!

I finally got the courage to register this past summer, and I just started posting this past November.

I have had a lot of fun reading and posting here, but since I work full-time and take night classes, it is hard for me to be on the board all the time like some of the other members, and I feel like I have intruded on the threads.

See you around again sometime.

Bye.

Rasbernie wrote:

Quote:
Fasten your seatbelts :-)
I'm all clicked in and ready to go Bernie!

As this has somewhat turned into an appreciation thread, I would like to thank Bernie and Kathy from the bottom of my heart. I found my way here while at home on medical disability for chronic Lyme's Disease nearly two years ago. It was a life saver. Reading all these posts took my mind off the pain and allowed me to 'live' in a world where the possiblies of a reunion not only florished but came to pass. Living it all through you is a gift I could NEVER repay.

To Bernie and all those that make this such a magical place to be.....THANK YOU LuvLove

I'm here, attentive, appreciative, and seatbelts are fastened! This is home for me. I love looking in on Raspberriesonline and need to catch up on posting there. happy I hate to say it but I avoid Raspberries.net because the place scares me --- way too angry and aggressive for my style. mad But here, this is home. LuvLove

Originally posted by PA Steeler Fan

Quote:
I have had a lot of fun reading and posting here, but since I work full-time and take night classes, it is hard for me to be on the board all the time like some of the other members, and I feel like I have intruded on the threads.
No way have you "intruded" on ANYTHING, PA Steeler Fan! You have posted great things and WE have all enjoyed YOUR posts as much as you have enjoyed ours.

Many to most of us work full time (including Bernie, our champion webmaster) and come whenever we can. For me, lately, it's been less than ever, due to a *very* heavy playing schedule and teaching concert schedule this year. The amount of time away from the board in no way disqualifies anyone. "The more, the merrier," and the variety great people like yourself is what makes this board so great.

Don't just come back "sometime..." Come back again soon! We would miss you!!! frown

smile --Darlene

The old aol music chatroom Bernie, Razzmichi, Ronsu and so many others (including Eric) used to frequent sounds like it would have been a lot of fun and was exciting, and had its weird and scary moments too (!) "back in the day." I also always enjoyed Raspberries.net in those days. People are passionate about their opinions, especially when they're passionate about their music. We all struggled through days here when things got much more than "heated," as well as at Raspberries.net. The one thing I love about everyone here is that no matter what the issue, we all come together in the end for the sake of the music, even if we don't always agree. We all share one common (VERY STRONG!) bond--to spread the Raspberries/EC gospel far and wide EVERYWHERE and to everyone!

And the new Raspberriesonline.com site is amazing toward that effort as well. Wherever we hang our raspberry-colored hats, (some of us at all THREE sites), the goal is the same. And we SHALL realize it!!!

smile --Darlene spinspinspinheartpump

I checked it, but I can't find any info about the additional limited cd/dvd sets.. Where do I look?

I've had a month of having to find rediculous amounts of money out of thin air (including an astronomical repair bill for one of the mixing consoles at my recording studio), so I just couldn't find the money to get one of the 300 sets. I'm still upset that I've missed out on the autographs. Oh well. I'm not even sure yet that I can find the money in time for one of these additional 100 sets, but fingers crossed.

Mr. Jason, did you click the link? It takes you to the place you should be checking. (Granted, Al doesn't say much except there will be an additional 100 sets (not signed or numbered) that will feature "something different"... which means exactly what, I don't know, but... at least a few more of "us" will get to see and hear everything! laugh

A very nice person kicked me in the head, as requested, and I've clicked on the link to raspberriesonline.com and am not seeing any link to additional sets as yet. The download for the video preview is what automatically downloads. The only place that has a link on this page is a picture at the bottom that doesn't download. That link brings you to the page that says they are sold out. Clicking on the round raspberry colored circle for details doesn't give new info. I'm missing it again, I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...