LAST CHANCE FOR BERRIES INTERNET CD / DVD!!

Al K

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I be really honest here? wink I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Raspberries,

they have meant a LOT to me, over the years ~ when my father passed away, just this past January (of 2006), one of THE main CD's I listened to, to make me feel comforted in some way (and to help bring back good childhood memories), was the Raspberries Greatest Hits CD ~ Eric's incredible vocals, the genius of the composition of the songs, Wally's incredible guitar playing and his injection of *fun* (LOL!) in various songs, David Smalley's songs and his contributions to the band, Jim's awesome drumming, and of course the later incarnation with Scott and Mike, was also fantastic (and highly underrated IMHO!)...I have to say, all of that, makes them so special to me. I always have felt they deserved SO much more success than they got, too. I guess I wanted the positive feeling of enjoying the 'berries totally, to last and I feel it should, so all this in some way, brought me down ~ but ya know, I think I'm going to just ENJOY the package, and be thankful that I was somehow, able to get it (lol, if it hadn't been for my in laws giving $$ for Christmas this year, I probably couldn't have!)!! And you know what? smile I didn't feel bad, about ordering the special DVD set...until I saw the negative posts regarding the pricing,..over at the other board (thank you frankenberrie for posting above!) frown

And to speak to the *limited* aspect of it..I already know, lol, that I'm in the minority (I'm a newbie to specialty sets being sold exclusively, honest.. wink ), but I have to say that thinking it COULD sell out at any moment (I had faith that it would!), made it so I ordered 'quickly' without REALLY considering, the financial aspect/repercussions of getting the set...BUT, that being said ~

I am REALLY excited about getting it, can't wait for it to arrive (and want to thank everyone so much for making it a reality!!)...just wish I hadn't read all the negative posts...I tend to let things get to me, which I shouldn't. Could it have been a little less, perhaps? Well, maybe...maybe if certain aspects of the set hadn't been included, and other things you have to pay licensing for, etc., didn't get into the mix per se...it could have been closer to $75 possibly. But I think you really need to take so many more things in consideration, as Eric posted above! Please forgive me for posting so late, in the game, just wanted to express my feelings, thanks everyone for listening! laugh It's so awesome to see Eric posting on here, such a treat wink I'm hoping to see you guys do another concert in Cleveland sometime this spring (or summer!), that would so rock! Keep rockin' and keep smilin' (and thank you for the music!!)!! smile

Luvthemraspberries, Sorry for bummin you out. I know what you mean about music getting you thru, after my dad died, my CD was Clash London Calling, with the beautiful song I'm not down...

I've been beat up , I've been thrown out, but I'm not down, no I'm not down:)

Perhaps I did go a tiny bit overboard;)Probably because of the shared passion we all feel towards this band's music! Later

While the nut jobs on some other sites are doing the moaning, groaning and insidious speculation, I'm glad Eric and Bernie have put their collective feet down.

For the record... in light of some silly speculation regarding "profits" from the forthcoming DVD/CD... I shot most of the footage that will appear on the DVD along with Kent Hagen. I transported my equipment and myself at my expense from the East Coast to LA, on my own dime. As much as I would have liked to have watched the show and enjoyed it unencumbered, I stood crouched on a step ladder filming for the entire show, except for when the guys let me come up and hold the boxing bell before "IDKWIW".

I was not paid, nor did I expect to paid, or to eventually or potentially be paid. I did it because I love the band and such an occassion deserved to be and needed to be captured. A moment that to me, is definative in rock-n-roll history. Raspberries got up on that stage and pretty much blew away anyone who has ever graced that stage and probably ever will.

Kent Hagen also did most of the prilimary video editing simply out of courtesy and respect for this band.

I can't say enough about what Ken Sharp and Bernie have done over the years. To think that there could even be one single negative thought in anyone's mind when it's the year 2007 and the Raspberries are releasing the first live recording that actually captures their live sound is mind-boggling.

Eric's previous message quoting Paul Stanely in another post pretty much sums it up. If you're not with us, buzz off.

But for those who are, let's enjoy the ride and enbrace what this band has accomplished in the last few years and look forward to everything we can hope for as fans in the future..

To anyone I offended, Especially Eric, I'm sorry. I won't post here anymore.

Franken,

Everyone is allowed to post anything they want on EC.com so long as they respect other Members' ability to do the same. Every single one of your posts were AOK in my book. I don't happen to agree with many of them :-) but thankfully, that's not a criteria. So, don't stop posting! I don't mind it if the pot gets stirred a little from time to time. Who knows, the stew may taste better in the end!

Bernie

Bernie, everyone appreciates the site and all that you and others have done including all the efforts on the Raspberries products we've enjoyed so much as fans. The negative stuff continues due to the continued slurs, innuendos, and bitterness being spewed elsewhere. It is good to air all these disenting opinions for sure but its clear some just want to cast others in a bad light based on their own biases. I think most fans have done a good job of seeing through the game being played and the efforts by some to cause controversy unecessarily.

Boy, and I thought I started an innocent thread on the other Board on 12/13/06 entitled "Quite a collector's item"! My intention was to be sure that all fans of the Raspberries would know about this great package! happy It all starts with the very first response on my thread by our negative friend VP, and continues from there...

2007 is going to be a great year!!!! I can't wait to get my package I ordered. My tax refund this year is dedicated to everything Raspberries! happy

Tim

Why, such language gives me the vapors. Hold my bong for me while I faint... insane

Well, it certainly felt good last night to post exactly what I was feeling. But, today is a new day! And as I re-read what I wrote, I decided to keep 99.9% up but did make one slight edit so that this Message Board will remain "safe for work."

wink

Bernie

PS: A big "thumbs up" to those who believe that I deleted the best part!

Luvthemraspberries, Sorry for bummin you out. I know what you mean about music getting you thru, after my dad died, my CD was Clash London Calling, with the beautiful song I'm not down...

I've been beat up , I've been thrown out, but I'm not down, no I'm not down:)

Perhaps I did go a tiny bit overboard;)Probably because of the shared passion we all feel towards this band's music! Later

Thanks so much frankenberrie for responding to my post ~ my first reply, means so much (lol was starting to feel invisible, HA!) smile I'm so sorry about your dad, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I don't think you went overboard (unlike another poster lol), hey, we're all entitled to share our thoughts/opinions, it's all good! wink That's what makes forums so great (as long as they don't get out of hand lol!)! I don't think I'll be posting here though much longer, feel as though I've walked into a room of close friends that isn't ready for new members...but maybe that's just me :rolleyes: I hope this will be an awesome 'berries year, will ALWAYS support the Raspberries and can't wait for another concert (fingers crossed!)! smile

Hey, not so fast, Luv. Stick around and you'll find yourself in the midst of everything.... And a belated welcome to the board. Clearly, you have good taste in music....

PS: Actually, the best way to get responses here is to announce you're leaving! (Oops -- that's kind of an inside joke, isn't it?)

PPS: Well, seriously, stick around. You'll have fun....

Are you aware that there are going to be two other versions released by Ryko? One will have 13 songs and a much lower price point, the other will have either 19 or 21 songs and an intermediate price point. We didn't want anyone to be excluded.

I'm REALLY confused now!

Does this mean that there IS a full DVD of the show coming out as well? Help!

Jeff