Just Curious

Betsey

Hi Everyone! I haven't posted in quite a long time. It seems that swim meets, cross country meets, and football games have me on the go. Anyway, I was wondering if any of our regular posters happened to be in the Northern part of Michigan's lower peninsula around Aug. 6-7. I reluctantly agreed to take the 4 kids on a camping trip with my husband. (Forgive him--he bought a new camper and wanted to try it out). We travelled the entire state of Michigan and one night around 2:00 am I heard the unmistakable sounds of "She Did It" coming from a campsite at Black Lake in Onaway, MI. After that, came "Boats" and then "Overnight Sensation." When I couldn't stand it anymore I tried to get my husband to go with me and find out where the music was coming from. He thought I was nuts. I couldn't wake any of the kids, so I set out alone with a trusty flashlight. Man, those campgrounds are dark! I followed the music to a rather fancy, expensive motor home with no lights on. But the windows were open and more of Eric's songs played. I decided I'd visit the motor home in the daylight and went back to our camper. In the morning, the motor home was gone! I was wondering if it happened to be anyone who regularly posts here. It was a real treat to hear Eric's music that night. Betsey

Betsey, it wasn't me, but it sure would have made a camping trip that much more exciting! I too was dragged kicking and screaming camping with my husband and baby in August (I disagreed with the idea of taking a baby, cloth diapers, etc. out into the wilderness with no running water in the tent trailer, no bathroom, etc.). Anyway, the trip went much better than expected, but some EC would have made it even better. As it was, we had to put up with listening to the people next to us having wild sex. Sound sure carries out in the wilderness!

Michelle

Michelle, I laughed at your story. I do not come from a camping family. My idea of "roughing it" is a Hilton without room service. This camper thing was entirely my husband's idea. The kids have fun with it, but I will never again stand in line to shower in a filthy, grime-filled stall. Ugh!!!!!!!! I have made it clear that I will be in the local Holiday Inn and the rest of them can camp wherever they please. I guess I was lucky to hear Eric's tunes, rather than what you heard, huh? Betsey

Julia,I know, I know.....the license plate thing, well, I screwed up! But hey, there I was at 2:00 am in pitch black darkness in an unfamiliar, spooky campground outside a dark motor home with Eric's music playing inside. It was freaky!!! I guess I just hightailed it back to my husband and kids. Yep, I blew it. Betsey

Betsey, You haven't found those ECmusic-playing campers yet, huh? I would have thought they were someone from the Message Board also. You are really brave! (Flashlight in hand, crawling around through the mud in the dark....!) But if I were miles from civilization without any EC music and I heard some, I would probably take a flashlight and crawl through the mud too! Ah, it was probably "Anthony Cartmill," taking his significant other camping, but just couldn't bear to leave home without EC... smile --Darlene