Some people just don't get it

marvin

Interesting Roonie, But the tide is changing. In this day of instant mass media coverage, it is often what you say, the soundbite that gets the headline, that can affect you more than what you do or have done before.

And I think the male point of view is just as valid as the female's, maybe even more. Because we are not influenced by how Eric looks with big hair and tight polyester pants! We are here for the music and songwriting talent. Though he does look good in those silly pants...

Remember, Marvin started this post as the disciple of Eric and the 'Berries trying to spread their music to new musically challenged friends. He's on our side, just not a hard-core fanatic.

Alot of people like to come here to interact with the different personalities and opinions while waiting for any word, story, message, news, mp3...from Eric and Bernie. But while we wait, and wait, and wait...we have found a way to entertain each other and ourselves. We don't all have to agree on everything. That would be boring...(Marvin, don't say, "Yes, boring like listening to WD.")

Good point on the changing tide Tony. That is if you allow the sound bite to define your reality? Not to get into a gender war, though it seems the ladies utilize this board to express their love and admiration for Eric while the men tend to critique and analyze his works etc. Agreed we all are biding our time until we all have something new and tangible from Eric. According to Bernie the time may be near! Roonie

I think if you guys check back through our posts, the ladies have made very vocal (no pun intended) comments about the music. This website attracts very intelligent and discriminating connoisseurs of music. Of course, how could we girls possibly ignore that gorgeous hair, those tight pants, that luscious white jumpsuit?....

smile --Darlene

I spend a lot of time as one of the lurkers who doesn't always sign in. I read almost all of the posts. It is obvious to me that Marvin has a lot of musical experience and has much to add to the discussions. He has obvious likes and dislikes, as we all do. I personally think that he has the right to be here, and is a fan of EC/berries music. Even Eric has songs that he likes/dislikes. I think a lot of the women tend to like more of the ballads than the men do, which is why more of the women like WD than the men. spin

Despite the comments about the hair, tight pants, and lusty songs, many of the women here, including myself, either work in the field of music, or have an extensive musical background. Thus, we are able to converse quite intelligently about music, instruments, songwriting, songwriters and song writing styles. Eric isn't the best singer or writer whom ever lived, but a great deal of his music can stand up against many of the greats of this century and hold it's own. That's why many people were so disappointed about the WD album crazy - we knew Eric was capable of much more.

However, not to start another war :rolleyes: - let's just agree that we're all intelligent people (for the most part) who can freely discuss their opinions of Eric's work, music, tight pants, sexy chest hair, etc., without being judged or stereotyped by others....

But y'all know the only reason I'm here is that I'm waitin' for Bernie to release some never before seen sexy photos of Eric! laugh

Michelle

Laura, Good post! I was a lurker for a long time before I registered and posted regularly. The site sort of drew me in when I started reading such lively discussions. I joke about the hair and tight pants, as we all do, because I was there to see many of Raspberries and Eric's performances in lots of places, but I was always always there for the MUSIC! It was always phenomenal, and I travelled many times to hear it, sometimes finding myself alone on lonely subway platforms in New York City at night, as well as other not-so-great places to be at midnight! But the music was ALWAYS well worth it.

We just can't resist all the jokes about Eric and the boys and their many women, though...

smile --Darlene