"I Wanna Be With You" 30th Anniversary

Way back when, I did not listen to the Raspberries song "I Wanna Be With You" back on AM radio in late 1972, early 1973. I listened to that song for the first time back in April of 1986 when I bought the reissue of Raspberries' Best on album. I like the crunch of that song & the horn section. Believe it or don't, I liked "I Wanna Be With You" by a nose over "Only Wanna Be With You" by Hootie & The Blowfish back in 1995. Sorry Darius or anybody, I had to say that!!! Matt

• 1 month later...

Raspbernie or others: Back in October of 1965, a Memphis group called The Gentrys had a song called "Keep On Dancing" which went to # 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart. It was their only Top 40 hit. The beginning of that song reminds me of Jim beating out the drums on "I Wanna Be With You". There was a member by the name of Larry Raspberry who shared vocals with the group. The Gentrys had a remake of the Neil Young hit "Cinnamon Girl" back in May of 1970 which went to # 52 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart. The song "Keep On Dancing" doesn't remind me of the Little Eva song "The Loco-Motion" though. Matt