Raspberries: The Clunker List...

Listening to the 4 original albums a few times to gear up for the concert, this is my...who am I kidding...This is THE Official Clunker List of the songs that, no matter how many times you listen to them, you still can't find a reason not to hit the skip button on the CD player...Mainly because of weak melodies:

In no particular order:

"Rock & Roll Mama"

"Get It Moving"

"Might As Well"

"If You Change Your Mind"

"Money Down"

"I Don't Know What I Want" (plenty of energy, but too much of a Who rip-off and a weak chorus)

"Hands On You"

There used to be more, but I've learned to appreciate Dave's songs a bit more. They grow on you...

Do they play any of these clunkers at the reunion shows?

Discuss, but remember, this is THE List... wink

"I Don't Know What I Want" (plenty of energy, but too much of a Who rip-off and a weak chorus)

Well, if "I Don't Know What I Want" is a Who ripoff, then does that mean we shouldn't enjoy "Drivin' Around" or "Cruisin' Music" because they're "Beach Boys ripoffs?" Oops, can't play "Tonight," either - Small Faces ripoff!

I much prefer the terms "homages" or "influenced by" - they're more accurate.

I love "Hands on You," also - funny stuff!

You know Tony, "If you Change your Mind" is pretty much the favorite Eric song of the other three Raspberries, and they have said as much on stage. You can't just say something is "crappy" because you don't like it. Music is like sushi, Automobiles or anything else that is subjective. One man's junk is another man's treasure.

And I've always loved "Might as Well."

MAC