9/11 Remembrance, EC style

Steveh

I think most EC fans would agree that there would never have been terrorist attacks if everyone were EC fans. How could you be violent if you are listening to Eric? So to prevent attacks in the future, I suggest that everyone in the world play the following songs often:

1. Love Is All That Matters

2. Cruisin' Music

3. Sunrise

4. Top Down Summer

5. I Could Really Love You

6. I Wanna Be With You

7. She Did It

8. Every Time I Make Love To You

9. I Was Born To Love You

10.That's Rock And Roll

Anyone know Bin Laden's e-mail address?

Steveh

Most of EC's music is so sexy / romantic / lusty that no one would have the chance to plan terrorist attacks, as they'd be too busy in bed. Maybe condom companies and mattress makers should do more to make sure the whole world hears EC's music! smilie

On the other hand, we might have a huge population explosion on our hands if we're not careful!

That could almost lead to another poll - how many of you have gotten 'romantic' (you know what I mean!) to EC's music? Can any little surprises 9 months later be blamed indirectly on Eric??? laugh

Michelle

Michelle, Once when I was in a "romantic" setting with my boyfriend, I got up and put on a tape I had made of what I considered the most romantic ballads, and went back to the sofa...Things definitely were hotter (at least for ME)and it was getting really good. Right in the middle of all this, my boyfriend jumped up and yelled, "OH NO! Not THAT guy!!! This is too much!" And jumped up and turned it off. I yelled "What are you doing???!!! (as in, "this session is going to be so BORING compared to what it would have been!") And he said "I don't need this Eric guy in the middle of this!" So much for the greatest possible enhancement of romance...I broke up with him about 6 months later, and decided I had a much better time listening to Eric "all by myself" than trying to get in a romantic mood with John...PS Anybody else have some romantic or unromantic stories about Eric/Raspberries music? --Darlene

This has nothing to do with romance, but growing up I played in a lot of bands and most of my friends were also musicians. When I tried to show "I Wanna Be With You" and some of the other music on the "Fresh" album to my friends, I was laughed at. They were more into listening to "Exile on Main Street" and that silly "Fresh" cover didn't help matters.

Marvin

Darlene: your story is hilarious! I can't believe that guy was jealous of Eric 'being in the middle'. It's a good thing you dumped him (but why did you wait so long?). Would you really want to go out with any guy who didn't agree with your choice of romantic music? Hopefully you've found someone since then that you can play 'every time I make love to you' with...

Michelle

Darlene,

I agree with Michelle. What is wrong with people who don't like EC? Especially in romantic moments? (I'm beginning to sound like anybody in a group or cult that thinks that THEIR way is the ONLY way). I think that having similar musical tastes is very important in maintaining a relationship, especially having some common likes in the area of romantic music. EC is the only balladeer I listen to (please no cmore comparisons to Barry Manilow!). spin

I was DESOLATE when that country station (107.1) turned Spanish! It was "New Country" and I LOVED it. (What's not to love about Faith Hill, Tim McGraw and LeeAnn Womack?) But, it's gone. However, Philadelphia (92.5?) country is still around if it comes through. It's very interesting that we have the same country tastes as well! --Darlene

Hey y'all, I grew up in a small prairie town, and HATED country the whole time I was growing up! Anyone who listened to it was totally uncool! It was only pop/rock for us (and there were only 2 radio stations in town ñ one pop, one country).

Today, however, I'm much happier to listen to country than what they call rock (rap, gangsta, hip-hop, etc.). The new country is actually quite a bit like the pop/rock music we listened to in the '80's. At least you can understand the words. We're big fans of Shania, Dixie Chicks, etc. in our house. If you would have told me 15 years ago when I was in high school that I would be saying now that I like country music, I probably would have died from shame!

Of course, I'm sure my musical tastes will be a very big embarrassment to my son in about 15 years, when he is in high school!

Michelle

Michelle, your post sounds exactly what I would have written about country. It was so dreadful in my high school and college days (1980s), but now it's far preferable to what's considered pop or rock. It's much more mainstream these days, and it's interesting to note how many "country" artists have crossed over lately, with at least one song ñ Shania, Faith, JoDee Messina, LeeAnn Womack, Martina McBride, LeAnn Rimes.

I miss pop too! I often wonder if Eric did release another single, where on earth would it be played? There isn't a station in Dallas that would be appropriate. It is all either oldies or country or the "new" rock-n-roll you mentioned. What ever happened to pop? There must still be a market because stations playing songs from the 70s and 80s are everywhere!

If Eric keeps up his recent trend, any new music of his would only fit on an AC format station. I was surprised when our local 'new Rock' station played the new Springsteen disc. You would've figured that Bruce was not hip enough for today's young listening audience. Maybe Eric will also defy the odds.

Marvin