What are your EC.com habits?

A recent Tony Cartmill post inspired this topic. He posts A LOT, as do a few other regulars. I wonder how many of us would consider ourselves EC.com "regulars," and how many of us visit the message board much more often than we actually post. I work on a computer all day long, and find myself checking in daily, though I post far less frequently than that. How often do you visit, and why do you visit? Are you hoping for new EC information, a new mp3, or just companionship or the chance to voice your opinion?

Jennifer

Jennifer I also work on a computer all day long and check the site many times throughout the day. As you can see by my number of posts, I never throw in my two cents. I love, however, reading everyones' opinions on the variety of subjects that are brought up here. Most of the people that post seem to know alot about writing music. I just love listening to it and I'm amazed at the 'regulars' insites into songs. Of course, my main reason for checking the site is to see if there is any new news on Eric and if there are any new MP3 files.

Although I don't post often, I consider myself a regular. I'm here 5-6 times a day to see what the current topics of discussion are and if Bernie has snuck in any new suprises. I've followed Eric since 1971 and I thought I knew alot about him and his music but seem to learn something new each time I'm here. If I feel that I can ad a valid point, then I post. Otherwise, I lurk, lurk, LURK! laugh

I meant to write "keep the posts coming" (plural) above, and Ann, I'm glad to know I'm not the only who checks in often, but rarely posts. Sometimes I feel like such a lurker, but there's plenty of entertainment in simply reading everybody's comments. If I ever make it to a Weekend at Bernie's, I'll probably sit quietly, and absorb all the conversation around me because I, too, know next to nothing about writing and playing music. Luckily for those of us who can't play or write music, we can still derive monumental pleasure from listening to it!

It's nice to know there are fellow "lurkers". Maybe we should start a club. Sometimes I do feel like I'm listening in on private conversations. But we really do love the regular posters! Keep up the comments, jokes and fights:) You keep us entertained!

I check in every day, some times more than once a day. I only chip in when I have something important to say. I do consider myself a regular and enjoy most of the topics. I also am unable to read music or play an instrument, although someday I would like to learn. Sometimes the banter in here really makes my day. grumpy

I visit generally once, at night (sometimes very very late at night!) after a long day of school and then orchestra rehearsals, when I'm so tired and my feet hurt, to relax and enjoy what's up for grabs. Mostly, I hope to read something about new Eric music or news that Bernie might have to offer. I feel like I know so many people who post, that it's also become companionship. I smile often, while I'm reading. I laugh when I read Tony and Michelle Lost Control's posts. Marvin usually amazes me, and JuliaD's no-nonsense approach to things grounds me for sure when I need it. I am always charmed by JuliaAllByMyself, and I admire Kirk's ability to cut to the chase and be absolutely sensible. And I'm totally grateful to Bernie for the chance to visit. Eternally grateful to Eric for his music, and happy to have such great people to interact with. I was very distrustful of the web (and still am), except for here. Thanks, everyone!

smile --Darlene

I check in every time I check my e-mail (about 3 times a day). Don't want to miss out on the chance to be the first to make fun of something wink Even though I post fairly regularly, I'll never catch the frequent posters. I think the reason for that is I don't opine nearly as much in the 'Community' section and really haven't bought many cd's in the last 20 years or so. I'm here for all of the above reasons, also. Because I developed a love affair that was intertwined with the Raspberries music and later Eric's, I continue on with the same interest-minus the girlfriend. Good thing the music was worth hanging around for happy --Kirk.

I visit when I am at work and usually reply to a topic here and there if it interests me.I do read alot of the stuff and am amused often.

I visit here each morning from work, then again usually around lunch time, and a couple of times during the evening. Why do I visit so often? The original reason, some 1500 posts ago, was because this was the ONLY place anywhere to get information on Eric or the 'berries, and the only place to share a passion with similar-thinking individuals.

These days my reasons for signing-on are different. Although I still keep my fingers crossed in the hope that one day I'll sign-on and see a message from Bernie about new Eric music (my fingers are bent out of shape from keeping them crossed for so long!), now I come by to learn about new musical acts, what others are listening to, and maybe to offer my opinions (as cynical as they may be - but I gotta keep the rest of you grounded!) where I can. There are some very knowledgeable people out there in EC land and it's nice to be able to add what I can.

Marvin

I try to check once a day - usually in the evening after the child is asleep. If he's not going to bed, I don't get my EC fix! I usually check to see the new topics, if I have anything to add my 2cents to, and to see what Carmen, Tony, Darlene, Marvin, Bahoo, the two Julias and everyone else are up to. You're like the family I don't have to make Thanksgiving turkey for!

once or twice a day usually... waiting for the new cd or mp3....... the chatter is great although lately i have been checking to see what carmen has come up with for a new topic

"What's your favorite position?"

easy darlene,

i'm talkin' baseball of course...erics a big indians fan remember?

IÂ¥m a regular.I also think of the forum as "my virtual family".I like to opine about any singer you mention if I know him/her.or recommending songs,or arguing with Tony(although each time less) or when Pierson mentions bands I know explaining all of you the way they sound,mentioning Spanish 60Â¥s Baroque pop songs,mentioning English or American Baroque pop bands(The Left Banke,The Majority One,Honeybus,Montage)and mentioning nowadays Spanish Baroque Pop acts(Miguel Angel Villanueva and his GREAT band Los Brujos)and of course showing my Spanish humour.

Can you imagine no EricCarmen.com?! eek Scary! I take a cup of tea or cappuccino to my computer and settle down for some great escapism. The only time I don't visit is if I'm away and can't access a computer. The Message Board makes fun reading. Some posts make me chuckle, some make me cross, and I love the passionate convictions of Darlene and others. I get disappointed if I log on and there are "no new posts'.

I don't post as often as I would like to. Sometimes it's because someone has already "said my words' for me, sometimes it's because I'm too cowardy-custard to state my opinion in case I'm ever knocked back. Sometimes it's because I feel I've left a response "too late'.

I think we have a great community here and it is like having another family. I can't imagine life without EC.com and I crave all that it contains, especially the MP3s, Ask Eric ~ everything. Thank you Bernie and everybody that makes this a mega groovy website!

happy