Totally Bummed and Whine-y

Julie

Man, I am soooooo bummed out!! I was suspicious that there would be something special up for Christmas, so I logged on early Christmas morning. There was the package. I clicked on it. Nothing. I thought, "Well, maybe Bernie's in the process of doing this" so I logged off. I came back on right after our company left. Same thing. Up on top, I had "??? Microsoft Internet Explorer". No matter what I did, all I got was those dumb question marks. I tried "save as" and everthing else that could be right-clicked on. Nothin'. So then, I thought, "well, Julie, don't be greedy. It's probably just the package that is the gift." Still, I logged on about 8 o'clock last night, and at 10 and around 11:30. All I got was those question marks. Now, I worked hard all day and I come home and log on only to find out that I missed this song that I've been dying to hear. Ya, I know, I'm really in super-Whine-y mode. Sorry. I'm just so bummed because I tried so hard frown

.....I have to go.....The tears that are streaming down my cheeks are making my keys slippppppery and my sobbing is scaring my cat..... --Julie

Aw Tony, something tells me that Bernie couldn't be a grinch if he tried! I really do think it was a wonderful idea. In fact, I had a feeling that he would do something really cool for Christmas. Just my luck I couldn't get it. You bet I was ticked but, hey, these things happen. Sorry about your cat, Tony. Now, are you really a newlywed and should I congratulate you on that, or are you kidding us? And Darlene, misery loves company, no? I wonder how many of us were not able to hear that Mysterious DATDBS song.

Tony, I knew it had to be something really important to keep you away from the board. You got MARRIED!!!! Congratulations. I know you're very lucky and I know SHE's very lucky too!

I am VERY sorry about your cat. We inherited my

mother-in-law's parakeet, Pete, and he passed away

after being with us only eight months. He was such

a musical bird, talked, danced and loved me. I am

still devastated, so I know you must be also.

You'll always remember your pet, and in time, you'll be able to think of the kitty without crying. I still cry.

But, I KNOW Bernie will redo his Christmas present for New Years because so many of us missed it. I could never get in to it, it kept

saying window busy.

What's your new bride's name? Uh oh, no more teasing you about the Cleveland Cuties.

A hundred years of married bliss to both of you.

I hope, on your wedding night, you put on something romantic by Eric (I would've brought a

carryon with CD player in it!) like "Forever Tonight.".....I'm glad you're back. smile --Darlene

For the record, Bernie, I did leave it up just in case it was something that would be downloading. I played at least 6 games of "Sea Towers" and I have a high-speed connection, but I came up empty. frown . Thanks for thinking of us though. You do a terrific job and I appreciate everything Berrie much.

Tony--congrats on the wedding!! Would "his and hers" straight-jackets be a good gift?? wink

So sorry about your cat. They really get into your heart. I recommend listening to "Wild, Wild Heart" during the grieving process.

--Julie

Thanks Darlene and Becky. I put "Love Is All That Matters" on a wedding CD with other songs. But the live organist came with the ceremony package.

Playing my Carmen compilation on the way up to Vegas made the 6 hour drive go faster. Blue Man Group was a strange and fun show. Marvin would like their energy and percussion...Lose a cat. gain a wife. Both experts at curling up next to me and keeping me warm at night.

Thanks Betsey. (Got it right this time) Ellen likes some of Carmen's stuff. She says "Love Is All That Matters" was a big hit in the Phillipines years ago but is not sure if it was Eric's recording of it. She likes Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys, Duran Duran and Westlife better than Eric. Whoever she sees in concert, she feels attached to. But the important thing is: IF I DON'T GET THAT "DEVIL..." X-MAS MP3 BERNIE TEASED US WITH DEC.25, MY MARRAIGE WON'T MAKE IT THROUGH THE NEW YEAR! BERNIE, DO YOU WANT THAT ANNULMENT BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS? mad

Congrats to you and the new Mrs. Cartmill, Tony! So you did the Vegas thing? I found this thread after I spotted your mention of the music box store in a Vegas mall in another thread, so I wondered what brought you here to Sin City. laugh

Oh, and I am sorry to hear about your cat.. I still miss a beloved kitty that died back in 1986, who was the same age as yours. Cats are little angels with fur, IMHO. smile

Congrats to you Tony! There is a song called "Together (The New Wedding Song)" by Canadian singer Joey Gregorash back in 1987 which I think is one of the best song for a wedding. That song is not available in the U.S. but i'm not sure if it's available in Canada either. Go to: www.absound.ca or www.spindlerecords.com if it's on a CD compilation. Matt