Hotels

marvin

Just in case you are not aware, Downtown Cleveland is very busy on the day after Thanksgiving..Big Lighting displays and concerts. I see why the HOB chose to open on that day as downtown will be mobbed. The HOB is very close to Public Square which is right in the heart of it all.. There are many Hotels close to the HOB but I would highly recommend the Renaissance on the square. It is connected to Tower City (Shopping Mall) and you can also grab the transit loop that will take you to the R&R Hall Of Fame or into the Flats Entertainment District. It is a nice place to stay during the Holidays.

Marvin-I just made my reservations at the Holiday Inn Express also. I'll be getting in Cleveland about 2:45pm. I thought about coming in on Thursday but didn't want to be in my mom's bad side for missing Thanksgiving dinner. As it is, this weekend is costing me a lot, but I know it will be worth it. (And I'll just work a few more hours after the fact to pay for it.) spin

• 2 weeks later...

Laura,

I can identify with the out of pocket expense. I originally thought it would be around $2,000 USD (Ruthie is coming too - but not a fan) but it will be lower - $1,300 - $1500 (still a lot of money).

We fly direct from sunny Orlando and get in at 10:43a. I hate the cold but this will be worth it.

Marvin, See ya at HIE early Friday afternoon.

Michael, been away again? You haven't posted much lately. Any new photos on the site I should check out?.

Ted

Michael you are totally right. It would tear me apart to have to read everything about the reunion, and those attending, and NOT be able to be there. Everybody as an act of kindness to those cannot be in Cleveland on the 26th, let's keep the happiness down to a minimum. Ok?

Marvin

Michael you are totally right. It would tear me apart to have to read everything about the reunion, and those attending, and NOT be able to be there. Everybody as an act of kindness to those cannot be in Cleveland on the 26th, let's keep the happiness down to a minimum. Ok?

Marvin

Hahaha.... its fine Marvin. More than anything its just boring, that's all. In all likihood I wouldn't be going if I was in the US anyway. So, enjoy to your hearts content - that's what its there for. smile

Michael, been away again? You haven't posted much lately. Any new photos on the site I should check out?.

Ted

Yes Ted, never a dull moment over here. Now I have some new problems, but in reality they are old solve problems which have come back. As for photos, just the ones in the new online shop I think. I'm going to write a new article on BBQ techniques (and the difference between barbequing and grilling). That's about it (besides the earthquake report). Take care, Ted.

mannoman,

Thanks I'm in at the Holiday Inn Express which seems to be where a lot of you guys are staying. My wife and I are actually hosting the family thanksgiving dinner, then bolting that same night to catch a 11:20 PM flight to Cleveland, showing up at 6:30 in the morning, going to the hotel, sleeping , then going to the concert. I hope it's uneventfull. For those of you that have been around, when we flew in from Seattle to the HOF show, the morning of the concert my wife cut her chin open and we were in an emergency room in the afternoon getting stiches and she was worried about making the show.

This shows you our priorities. I dropped $500 to see McCartney 30 minutes from my house, and now I'm dropping over a thousand to see the boys in Cleveland, and being gone for four days. We fly back Monday morning.

We are interested in meeting you guys, and seeing the concert of a lifetime.

I hope Eric can get us GA hobos backstage for the meet and greet 'cause all I want is a picture of shaking his hand showing my thanks for all the happiness his music has brought me over the years.

I've indirectly sold a fair share of Raspberries records over the years too, by merely playing them for my friends. "Oh yeah, that's who does that song..?"

Seattle Steve

Steve,

Glad to see you made it. Ruthie and I hit the Cleveland airport at 10:45a. She is not a fan (never heard of them) so I should pair her up with AnnieNY's hubby, Pete. They'll probably stand to one side looking at us and shaking their heads, in disbelief, at the activity of the alleged adults (us).

Ted

I'm booked at the Holiday Inn Express, as well. I got a good deal via Continental Airlines (airfare and hotel combo). Under 300 bucks for the whole deal. Of course I'll probably spend a grand on Raspberries paraphinalia!

Speaking of that...does any one know if they'll be selling 'Berries stuff at the show??

Dave