Thanks

Eric,

Hang in there. As Annie pointed out, your music has been a major source of encouragement for a lot of us during tough times, more than you could know. I wish there were more to do to make your loss easier.

There's nothing like family. We appreciate them when they're here, and forever miss them when they're gone. Yet they stay with us in so many ways, too.

Best wishes to you and yours,

Larry

Eric, as with so many others here, I wish there were more I could do to help during this time. Seriously, if there is anything you need, please let me know. It's so true- you've given more to us than we could ever give in return. Hope your mom is doing o.k. Kirk.

Sadly...MANY of us can relate to what it is that you are experiencing Eric. Knowing the pain, the sense of loss, and all of the feelings which continue to flow through you...

Well...it just makes one want to lend a little support. The good news is...it will get somewhat easier to 'sift' through as time passes. Then there'll come a day when it begins to actually make sense. Here's hoping that the memories are generally top shelf/terrific. As lonely a time as this is...you are NOT alone. cool

Lee is right on this. I also know what you are experiencing. My father was in his early sixties when he passed away. He was a wonderful dad, he worked hard to take care of his family, and he also was an athlete, and to watch him suffer with Lou Gehrig's disease is something I can't describe.

It does get easier with time and, when you need to talk to him, just look up. You will know he is in a better place and that he is at peace.

That's what I do.

Eric, Annie and LC have expressed what we all feel: you've been with all of us musically for most of our lives and we want to be there for you in any way we can be.

The deep sorrow of losing a loved one never goes away, but one's perspective changes in time and the love and memories shared override the immediate pain. Take the outpouring of love for you and your music shown by your fans, multiply it thousands of times and you'll get just an inkling of the measure of love and pride your father had for you. That knowledge will bring you immense comfort and eventually, happiness in the time to come. You and your family are in our prayers.

smile --Darlene

A great number of us have been where you are, Eric. After losing my mother as suddenly and unexpectedly as I did, I would be remiss not to offer whatever support I could to someone dealing with the loss of a parent--especially someone who's been so important to my life.

I've often wondered if it is better for children to lose a parent in a long slow decline like Eric and I did, where it is sometimes hard to remember them in their prime of mind and/or free of pain...or to lose them suddenly when they were still full of life and no memories of suffering and decline...

I guess it sucks either way.

Eric,

John and I were thinking of you and your family and hoping the prayers and love pouring forth were helping. We choked up a bit knowing how you're probably feeling these days after having gone through it a couple of times ourselves already. We're all in that similar age range where we're either helping to take care of sick parents or grieving having lost the battle. Your friends here truly care and will be here for you whenever you need us. There's plenty of love to go around.