What's happened to Darlene?

LostControl

OK, I know she's getting close to the 1000 mark, but I see that Darlene has disappeared from the list of members. It jumps right from #1 to #3. As Darlene is #2, I'm wondering, has Bernie taken her off the list now that she's closing in on post #1000? Should we all be afraid that we'll be cut off from posting when we get to #999 as well? Not that I'm too worried, I have a few hundred to go yet. However, I'll start reserving my posts for very important things (like talking about Eric's tight pants), not just anything (like trying to irritate Tony)...

Michelle

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you know, Darlene and I live in the same small town in central New Jersey. Everyone in town is wondering where she's been. Just before Chrismas I spotted her picture on the bulletin board in the Cranbury post office. Someone recently stapled her likeness onto about 50 telephone poles thoughout the town. Our local radio station includes her name in the lost and found pet report at 3:30 in the afternoon. There is a rumor that she's been abducted, possibly by The Starland Vocal Band reunion tour. If I hear anything about her whereabouts, I'll post it as soon as possible. Dave

See, I told ya something fishy was going on here. eek Originally I wrote about what I thought had really happened to Darlene, and the next thing you know, my message gets "editied" by Bernie! (See above post).

Say, what's going on here anyway? All I did was mention that Darlene had found out that Eric is.....

Michelle

Once again, this message has been edited by the powers that be. Go away... There's nothing to see here. Just move on and talk about something else....

I hope everything is OK. Bernie the part-time CIA

opperative is acting like he is unaware and concerned. That shows he is up to something with Darlene. Bernie knows everything.

I think Darlene's 1000th post will probably be the same length as Bernie and Ken's book. Prepare to take a day off of work and a 5 gallon jug of lemonade to read it. eek

Hi, everyone! I promised Bernie I would post that (great) pic of Eric and (horrible one of) me with my 1000th post, but being generally non-savvy with technology, didn't know how. I sent a couple of private messages to find out how, but everyone was away. In the meantime, my 87 year old aunt broke her hip and we've been busy taking her 94 (!) year old husband to see her and...I realized how long it's been since I posted that 999th. Sorry. It's wonderful to be missed, and I've missed everyone. But, I'm back, since Bernie (and JuliaD--thanks!) graciously answered and posted the picture for me to link to. I'll try this thing now:

The picture was taken on April 2, 1976 at Eric's solo debut at The Bottom Line in New York City. He did 2 shows, and was absolutely electric at both. As you can see, he looks great (and, girls, he's wearing the famous white jumpsuit!) As you can also see, I'm a walking '70s cliche, and my nose is the result of a trampoline accident, set by a doctor who didn't know what he was doing. That said, concentrate on Eric. Sadly, the club is closing (or maybe has already) after many decades of wonderful music. Enjoy the picture!

I'll post a picture of me after my "extreme makeover" another time.

Love, D. Here goes: