Ask Eric

Raspbernie

Bernie, This is one answer I can't wait to hear! I've always wondered about that cover. When I first became blonde, some of my friends who knew about my thing for Eric's music asked me if I had posed for the TYM cover! I always said "No, but I DO have a pair of heels just like that..." (I think I still do!)

;) --Darlene

God, I hate being JUNIOR anything!! New to the world of EC.com, so hello all from a Cleveland born-and-bred lad who lived in Lyndhurst and watched the band(s)grow and mature on their own turf.

So, Bernie, where do the generic e-mails go that get sent to EC.com? I sent one last week and wondered whether you get them, Eric gets them, or whether they go to the Internet equivalent of the Post Office (laughed at, deridden and shot as target practice with an Uzi)?

Regards All

Bill

Bill, looks like everybody else went to bed, so I'll answer your question. Your e-mails go to Bernie. Your "Ask Eric" questions go to Bernie. Eric reads the posts, but doesn't reply directly. Every month or so he responds to questions submitted to him for us by Bernie. Hope that covers it. Kirk.

I am also a native Clevelander and spent many a night watching the Berries. I always thought that Eric had a great feel for playing bass guitar and remember quite well the old Berry trio performances. I always thought that the band sounded better with Dave on guitar and Eric on bass. It was interesting to hear Eric take on bass playing and his playing influences.

Darlene-

Thanks for the welcome...

My garage band bassist actually introduced me to Eric at a McDonalds in South Euclid. At that time, Eric was in Sounds of Silence. I remember the first time I saw him play with SOS was at the YMCA in Lyndhurst. My major recollection of that time is the image of Eric standing in front of what was probably a Farfisa keyboard with a harmonica hung in front of his mouth and a guitar hanging off his shoulder. As his rep progressed, I saw him numerous times before I took off for college, and then Europe for almost six years.

Regards-Bill