Therapeutic effects of Eric Carmen's Music

Steveh

I've been wondering how listening to Eric's songs frequently has affected everyone's mental state. For me, I feel much happier and calmer listening to EC than I was previously, especially when listening to his ballads. EC's power pop songs make me feel happy and energized. I think that the content of his songs are so much more positive than the content of most of the popular bands. Any thoughts?

Steveh

I listen to Eric everyday but there have been too many times when the pain gets unbearable, so I lay down, put headphones on, and listen very carefully to his music. I find that by consentrating on just the music and finding all the different instruments he used, that it takes my mind off of the pain and I can relex some. I have even brought him to the Hosp. a few times. Try it, it might work for you too. JUNE 😜

I get migraine headaches (they last for three whole days!), and the only music I can listen to, and do listen to when I have one, is Eric's. It calms me down also, and makes me very happy and serene. Even his saddest songs make me happy too, in a way, because they are comforting.

What they are saying is, "I've been through the same things you have -- you're not alone," and you feel like someone else is sharing your sorrow. I have much more pain relief by listening to Eric's music than by medication alone.

Whether the songs are happy or sad, upbeat or ballads, there is this universal connection that bespeaks a composer who is chock full of beautiful humanity and wants to share it with the world. And, yes, the message is always beautiful and positive. What an artist/genius! --Darlene

• 20 years later...

Eric's music provided me with an asylum from my world when I needed it. I was my son's caregiver for 11 years after he became paralyzed from the neck down in a diving accident. Even though it was a labor of love caring for him, I had to take a step away at times, and this is when Iistened to Eric's music. His words calmed my mind and my soul. I can never thank him enough. 

• Like 4