Ohio Fans??

LobsterLvr

From what I can see, there are only 3 (that's right, three!) Ohio Eric Carmen fans who post at EC.com. What's up with that? Assuming that most established artists have huge local followings wouldn't you expect this website to be crawling with Clevelanders, Bowling Greeners, Cincinnatians, and Mentorites? Hopefully, when it comes time to put tickets on sale for the reunion concert, Wally, Jim, Dave and Eric remember that their fan base isn't in Cleveland anymore. It's online!!

Dave

Dave I know what you're saying. As Eric and the other members have mentioned on occasion, there was a feeling among the group that they were taken for granted by their local/Ohio fans. Many did not even know that they were touring nationally and that "GAtW" had become more than just a regional hit. Maybe that's why you don't see so many Buckeyes on this site.

Marvin

Make it 4 Dave and Marvin as I am from Columbus and am very much a Buckeye. It is strange though as I think The Raspberries got less play in Columbus than in most places throughout the country. The only Raspberrie song I recall hearing on the radio was "I Wanna Be With You" and I didn't become aware of the Raspberries as a group until '76 or so when I bought Carmen's first album.

Don't know if this relates to this thread but as an aside, I saw Eric Carmen open for America

when touring for his 1st solo and the crowd wasn't as excited as I guess Eric thought it should be and before his last song I remember him saying almost verbatim: "Allright Columbus, this is your last chance to get off your ass".

He was very good though and the concert inspired me to buy the 1st album and later all the rest.

That's a good point. There are probably a lot of lurkers in Ohio. But there have to be more than 3 or 4 from Ohio. I recall some females having said they saw the group when they were starting out. I didn't go down the directory, so I don't know. The comment Eric made sounds like him. He didn't beat around the bush. That's one of the things I really liked about him. Very honest!

smile --Darlene

I'm from Ohio and a big Eric/Raspberries fan. The Raspberries were the first band I ever saw..I was 13. I check this website to see what is going on and have ordered the book from here. I've just never registered until now. I guess when I've read the posts I got the impression that everyone knew eachother and I felt like an outsider.

Unfortunately I only go to see them one time..it was in 1974 when Scott and Mike were in the band. It was at an amusement park in Youngstown. I found a picture from that show on this website..it was great seeing it.

They came to clubs a few times after that but I was too young to get in. That's why this reunion sounds great. I did see Eric quite a few times in Cleveland when he was on his own. I remember my sister and I following his limo through town and pulling up beside it after a show. I was only about 17 and nuts!!

Jen,

At "Weekend At Bernies" everyone seemed disappointed that I changed my screen name. Since everyone has known me as 'lobsterlvr' since the old AOL days, I've decided to stick with the crustacean lovin' moniker. If anyone wants "MarathonManFan" it is officially up for auction. The starting bid is an mp3 of "Cindy In The Wind".

Dave

Hi wannabebymyself! I lurk around a fair amount, I've just keep myself signed in so that people know that I'm around lurking. wink Dave-if you want that song let me know and I'll send it to you, but I don't need your screen name. Save it in case you want it again. laugh Dave-I sent it to you. laugh